-The End of All Good Things-

(Vic's POV)

I laid down on the run down mattress with my gorgeous boyfriend laying his head against my chest as he slept peacefully. Kellin is the only thing that is giving me hope now. He's the only one who can shine a light in the beat down world. He's the only one who can still have a smile on his face and sleep peacefully despite what has been going on around us.

Exactly six months ago, a virus broke out. The virus started from radioactivity which made people exposed to it go insane. The people infected would and do try eating other humans, their skin is all patched and torn from the effects. In simpler words, real life zombies. At the time, Kellin and I have just started dating two months prior. We've been together for eight months now, we've been friends for three years; we've been through the heart break, emotions, unstable mentality, butterflies, cheesy crushes and love, together. Kellin almost lost it when we were stuck in a beat down building in what was of Chicago before everything went down hill. He was near the breaking point because those things were everywhere, and he—myself included— thought we weren't going to be able to sneak past them to get out. But we did, fortunately.

The government has certain areas shut down and under high security for rich neighborhoods and people, so people such as Kellin, Mike, Justin, Tony, and myself would be shot down if we even went two hundred feet within the fence. It's scary, honestly. We could all prove we are healthy humans, but no. They'd refuse that in a heart beat.

Our small group used to be bigger, before we ran straight into a zombie invested plaza mall. It makes me tear up just thinking about how I wasn't able to be the one who's life got taken instead of Gabe, Jack and Jaime. Only Jaime's was a bit different.

He started acting weird; twitching, fidgeting, biting skin off his fingers, bug eyes all the time, and I noticed. So did he. When he got me alone he told me how he got bit but was afraid to admit it in front of everyone else. He showed me the bite mark which was on his abdomen, the skin ripped and turning a grey/green rotting flesh color with ooze and puss dripping from the wound. He begged me to shoot him because he refused to become a monster.

"Vic, p-please! I couldn't ever live with myself if I ever got cured knowing what I did to someone else. Please...please before it's too late..." He sobbed, clutching his hair in his hands tightly.

The tears wouldn't stop pouring out of my eyes. I couldn't kill my best friend! We grew up together, we shared secrets and we've always there for one another!

"H-Hime, I can't," I whimper, weakly lowering my gun.

"Victor, y-you fucking listen to me. Shoot that gun on me before I do it myself or before I lose control! I-I'm not a monster and I don't want to become one!" He grips my wrist, pulling the gun up so I'm aiming it right to his forehead. I shake my head, closing my eyes tightly because I couldn't look into the eyes of my best friend before he dies.

"I l-love you buddy, I-I'm so so fucking sorry," I whisper, glancing at Jaime through teary eyes. He gives me a small, reassuring smile.

"Y-You too buddy ole pal," his laugh is watery with tears.

"I'll...I'll see you on the other side." I whisper pathetically, turning the safety off the gun.

"See you." He smiles at me once more before I squeeze my eyes tightly. Bang! And I refused to look down at his body. I whispered sorry repeatedly before pulling a ripped up comforter over his body so he could have something covering him.

Later that night I returned back, telling the group what happened and it even got to the point where I almost snapped myself. I almost ended up shooting myself, but with Kellin there to remind me that Jaime did it for the sake of our and his own life and that they needed me with them, I didn't go through with it.