N i n e

[Nine; Secrets That Ruin Us]

    "No, Noah, I can't tell them yet, they trust me, if I tell them that I'm basically dead and am following them around because I have to because I'm linked to Stiles-"

    "You kind of just did," I whirled around and saw Scott stood in the doorway of the kitchen, holding up my keys.

    "Oh my-"

    "Sky!" I sat up in bed and saw Noah right beside me, holding a drink of water and watching me with a cautious look. "Are you all right? It looked like you were having a nightmare, a pretty horrible one at that," he told me, pulling my desk chair over and sitting on it.

    "I just- I hate knowing I'm going to have to tell them. I hate that they're gonna look at me differently," I told him, sighing out and accepting the water that he offered.

    "I know it's scary and just outright ridiculous that you even have to tell them, but it's how we face tough situations that define us. You're going to do it because you're strong. And you're going to do it alone, face to face, telling them both. And then you're going breathe a sigh of relief because they will not treat you any different. I think you knew that though, there's just a small monster that's telling you otherwise in the back of your head. A small monster called your past," he told me, only his serious words seeping in, his eyes holding no ounce of amusement as he leaned forward and I crossed my legs under me in a pretzel shape as I let his words whirl around in my head.

    "I just don't want them to judge me because of it," I told him quietly.

    "Your secret isn't Scott's to Allison. It's not like you're a different person-"

    "But it is," I looked up at him. "I've told them the background Christopher taught me, but that's not me. They don't know how I came to be like this, they don't know anything," I said.

   "Then let them. You've been shutting them out."

    "But-"

    "Don't make this harder for yourself Sky," he cut me off, making me swallow my words before I nodded slowly, agreeing that he was right. Like always.

-

    "Scott?" I grabbed his arm in the corridor and pulled him back from his class. "Can we talk after school?" I asked quietly, trying to be out of sight of others, and especially Stiles for now.

    "Yeah, sure, is it-"

    "Yeah, you guys need to know, but I need to tell you first," I told him, making him nod before I did the same and then just left him. "After school, the car park, I'll drive you," I told him and he replied with an okay before I left for my own lesson.

    Once last period was over, I saw Scott standing by my car already and I let him in before I got into the driver's seat. "Yours or mine?" I asked.

    "Mine, I think. Better you tell me alone, and Stiles would probably go to yours than mine, he'd want to pick you up first," he said as I nodded and turned the right way before driving to his. "Why were you so hesitant?"

    "Because while you know about werewolves, it's a little weirder," I shrugged, stopping at a red light.

    "What could be weirder?" he asked with a small smile.

    I looked over at him and I think he got the message, smiling lightly anyway, "Trust me, it's not what you'd expect," I scoffed as I started the car up again and kept driving towards his house. "Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose any trust you'd had towards me," I shrugged my shoulders as I turned onto his street.