T w e n t y - T w o

Twenty-Two [Psychopath]

"Stiles-" I grabbed his elbow and pulled him back as he flailed but turned to me with wide eyes. "You're going to miss your game and you can't play first line if you miss it," I told him, which only made him sigh.

"I know," he said, running his hand over the fuzz on the top of his head before he took his eyes from mine and stared at our feet.

"Stiles, you don't have to do this. I can do it with Derek alone. We can drop you off at school with your stuff and then Derek and I can go see the hospital while your dad cheers you on like a normal father-son evening, come on," I tried to swing his mind.

"No, we're a team. I'm not leaving you with sour wolf," he replied as I stared back at him seriously before sighing once I knew I would have no chance.

"Come on you idiot," I tugged him to his jeep and opened the door, pulling the seat forward and getting into the back, getting comfortable.

"You know-"

"I'm not talking to you right now so that I can keep clam," I told Derek, pulling out my phone and then sending a tex to Scott to see how his mission went.

Instead, once Stiles and Derek and I had managed to make it to the hospital in one piece, Scott had called Stiles, who put it on loudspeaker for those of us with no supernatural hearing - or rather I was too lazy.

"Did you get the picture?"

"Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing," Stiles replied, Derek pulling the phone to him instead, Stiles' hand twisting at an awkward angle which cause quiet 'ow's to be let loose in the car as I tried not to smile. He would be fine.

"Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something," he asked.

"No, no the thing's flat. And no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing," Scott replied, Derek letting go of Stiles hand. "And where are you? You're supposed to be here, you're first line-"

"I told him, he's being a stubborn idiot," I replied.

"Man you're not gonna play if you're not here to start," Scott replied.

"I know. Look, if you see my dad can you tell him- tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little late, okay? All right, thanks," Stiles finished the conversation before hanging up.

"You're not gonna make it," Derek deadpanned as it was just the three of us.

"I know."

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either," he added.

"Not till we find out the truth," Stiles sighed, looking at the sign welcoming us to the hospital's long term care wing where Melissa works.

"You're an idiot," I said as I leaned forward between the two of them.

"Shut up," he replied as I rolled my eyes and sat back.

"By the way, one more thing-"

"Yeah?" Derek's hand flew to the back of Stiles' head as he hit him into the steering wheel, making me yelp out in pain with Stiles himself, the hit going through to my forehead with his. "Oh, God! What the hell was-"

"You know what that was for!" Derek replied as Stiles kept a hand on his forehead.

"What the hell Derek?!"

"Go," he ignored me and told Stiles, but when he only stared back, the werewolf raised his voice, "Go!" getting out the car, I groaned as I blinked to see if my sight was affected before I slid into the front seat.