N i n e t e e n

Nineteen [Rage]

"Skylar?"

"Derek?" I furrowed my eyebrows, not thinking I'd ever hear his voice again.

"Yeah."

"Oh my God, thank God you're alive," I sighed out, sitting down on a bench and trying not to cry from the relief the news made me feel.

"Yeah, well, no thanks to your little friends I'm in a bit of a fix," he said.

"What can I do?"

"Nothing at the moment. There will be something though at one point. You know I'm the most wanted criminal in the state?" he asked, anger definitely seeping through the phone.

"Yeah, don't even, I almost killed them myself," I grumbled. "Is everything okay? Did you heal all right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I need you to do something for me," I nodded, though he couldn't see me and listened for the one time that Derek Hale asked me for a favour.

Once I listened through, I agreed, of course, before I hung up.

"He made out with Lydia Martin," I looked up from my phone to see Stiles storming my way.

"I know," I told him as I got into the passenger seat.

"He crushed Danny on the field," he sat behind the steering wheel and threw his bag in the back.

"I know," I put my phone down as we both put our seat belts on.

"He's an ass!" he exclaimed as the car roared to life.

"I know," I told him, but quieter than before. I didn't want him to know.

"Okay seriously, what's wrong with you? This is really bugging me now," he sighed.

"Nothing. Let's just go," I told him as I tried to suppress a sigh. I saw him staring over at me, so I looked up and raised my eyebrows, "Some privacy, please?"

With a few more seconds of staring, he scoffed before starting the car with some mumbling about how I was so difficult and how girls were confusing.

After I dropped my stuff off at home, we grabbed the bag of chains and restraints from his house and we made our way to the McCall residence, Stiles opening the front door with the key he made him (and one for myself).   

"Scott?" we heard Melissa call as we stepped in and closed the door behind us.

"Stiles," he replied.

"Skylar," I added, feeling left out.

"Key!" Melissa nodded to the metal fob in Stiles' hands.

"Yeah, I had one made for each of us," Stiles nodded to me as I lifted my copy.

"That doesn't surprise me. It scares me, but it doesn't surprise me," she said as I just shrugged, not wanting to explain Stiles' logic, while Stiles just smiled a little before dropping his duffel bag onto the carpet we were standing on, making it very hard for me to not face palm. "What is that?"

"Uh, school project," Stiles and I said at the same time, not-so-convincing smiles on both of our faces.

"Mmhm," Melissa humoured us. "Guys, he's okay, right?" she asked us, looking between both of us.

"Who, Scott?" I asked.

"Yeah, totally," Stiles nodded as I tried not to do anything that'd give away my uneasiness.