T w e n t y

Twenty [Complications]

"I'm so driving," I smirked at Stiles as he tried to fight me - not literally - for Derek's car keys.

"No, I am-"

"Shut it!" Derek exclaimed. "Scott's driving. I don't trust either of you two with my car," he grumbled as he walked past and went to hunt down the alpha.

"Well then," I mumbled. "Feeling the love!" I shouted back to him, only getting a hand raised in response.

That was how I ended up sitting in the back seat of Derek's Camaro, driving away from the police while I had tabs on Derek through a tracker he allowed me to put on his phone but would take off the moment he was back in the car or away from the police. "Go straight," I told Scott, trying to steer us away from Derek, but close enough that we could pick him up if needed.

The police scanner from beside me roared to life with Stiles' dad's voice, letting us know the suspect was on foot and heading northwest, making me tell Scott to do the same. They were gaining on him.

"Don't they realise he's outrunning them and they're in a car and he's on foot?" Scott asked as he made a ninety degree turn.

"Not at this time at night," I replied, holding onto the front car seats as we turned, making me see something. "We've got company," I told them.

"She caught up again?" Stiles asked.

"She's persistent, I'll give her that," I replied as I turned, leaning my shoulders against the back of the front seats and did one thing that Christopher recently managed to teach me. Putting my phone into my jacket's pocket, I placed my palms together, elbows now out on my sides and my fingers lay on the insides of my wrists and I closed my eyes to concentrate.

"What-"

"Quiet," Stiles stopped Scott from speaking as I tuned in to the car chasing us, hearing a phone's call signal, and concentrating more, I tuned Stiles in to hear the Argents' conversation.

"Running?!" Kate exclaimed, and I waited for her to speak again, since I couldn't tune into the other end of the conversation. "If he's on foot, then who the hell is driving his car?"

"She's onto us," I told them as I pulled my hands apart and cut the connection, turning back and pulling my phone out, trying to figure out a route. "He's going into the Iron Works," I told them.

"So faster?" Scott asked as Stiles turned back to check on Kate again.

"Much faster," Stiles replied with me, though I didn't even look up.

"We gotta pick him up," I spoke up again as Scott changed gear and pressed on the gas a tiny bit.

"Hey, Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase here," Stiles butted in again.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us-" Technically just Stiles but whatever.

"Well, if you don't go any faster-"

"They're gonna kill us and they know how to kill werewolves, mate," I looked up finally before telling him to keep straight and ignore the tracks, making Scott change gear again and speed up.

"They're gone," Stiles suddenly said, since he was still turning around, but I also missed the light that shone over me from behind.

"What the- That's not good," I commented, giving Stiles the phone to direct while I tried to lock onto Kate's phone like before. "She's too far away," I shook my head as Stiles glanced at me questioningly. "We have to pick him up," I told them and he nodded, directing Scott, taking the walkie talkie with me which was our police scanner for the night.