T w e n t y - T h r e e

Twenty-three [Bad Blood and Tears]

"Skylar, please?"

    "Al, it's so early, I don't want to get out of bed," I whined as I turned over in bed and looked at the clock. "It's like ten o'clock on a weekend! What you're doing is a sin!" I exclaimed, hearing her chuckle.

    "Come on, it's the least you can do," she replied.

    After a moment's silence, I groaned before I strained to sit up, "Fine, give me fifteen minutes to get dressed and put on deodorant and I'll be downstairs," I told her.

    "Awesome, I'll be outside in the car, so you might as well just come out," she said as I got up and walked to my wardrobe.

    "All right. Cool, I'll see you there in a bit," I told her before she replied with a bye and we hung up, my phone landing on my bed. Grabbing some shorts, trekking boots and a top and jacket, I took out some underwear and got dressed in the bathroom, spraying on deodorant and brushing my teeth. I slipped my hair up into a ponytail before I pulled on my jacket and took my shoes and phone downstairs, pulling them on on the stair as I told Noah where I was going.

    "What exactly does she want this early in the morning?"

    "I don't know, but it's Ally A, and I'd rather not wait for her to drag me out of bed," I replied, putting on some concealer and spot stick and mascara before I decided it was enough and pulled on a beanie. "Do you think this is good enough for Lydia?" I asked, giving Noah a twirl.

    "Yeah, should be fine. Practical but girlie," he nodded.

    "Awesome. I'll take my phone and keys, but Al said I wouldn't need much else," I informed as I got my keys off the hook on the wall.

    "All right. Be safe," no, he doesn't know about Peter.

    "Okey-doke," I replied with a small smile before hugging him and going out the door, taking the apple he put in my hand, closing the door and taking the few steps down to our driveway, getting into the back of Ally's car. I greeted the girls before we pulled up at the reserve and I sighed as I stared up at the trees around us.

    "All right, Sky, can you take the bag please?" Allison asked with a small smile as I nodded and grabbed the bag, which I think held arrows and a bow - though for what reason I had no clue. She said we'd be in the reserve but nothing much else, to be honest.

    "So what are we doing today, Ally A?" I asked as I closed the back door of the car and followed the girls into the reserve as Allison took the bad and put it over her shoulder.

    "You'll find out," she said with a small smirk as I shared a look with Lydia and followed our guide.

    "Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping- a five mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting," Lydia complained.

    "Wait, you were supposed to be going shopping?" I asked, holding back a bark of laughter.

    "We are, and you're coming," Allison replied.

    "No I am not, Miss Argent, I will be running to the boys as soon as possible. I might run all the way there, these shoes are comfy," I told her as I saw he throw a smile over her shoulder at me. Nevertheless, we kept trucking.

    "Oh, Lydia, before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something," Lydia's eyes widened a little in surprise as I walked behind them both so I could keep them in my sights. I didn't need Peter to turn up. "Jackson asked me to the winter formal," Allison told us.