T w e n t y - F o u r

Twenty-Four [Dates]

"Is he here?" I pushed through the front door of the vet's and heard Stiles stumble in after me.

"In the back," Deaton nodded and I thanked him before I rushed to the small door, but had to jump back at the feeling of a wall.

"Um, that's new," I cocked my head to the side as Deaton instead opened it for me and I thanked him before I rushed through. "Oh God," I sighed as I saw Scott on the table, but he seemed okay - chest moving - I mean he was alive and I was really praying he wasn't in a coma. From experience I knew that wasn't fun.

"He'll be fine, he's just knocked out a little right now," Deaton told me as Stiles stood behind me as we just stared at Scott.

"Why?"

"So he can heal. It speeds it up a little bit," Deaton told us.

"Will you call if he gets better?" I asked.

"Of course."

"Hold on, wait-"

"I'll explain on the way. He's in good hands, I promise," I took Stiles' jumper and tugged him out.

"Wait, so he's a real vet, with wolves who are men or?!" Stiles managed to get out before we left the clinic and I let out a laugh.

"Something like that," I smiled, pulling him to the jeep.

"This is madness," he sighed.

"No," I smiled slightly, "This is Beacon Hills."

-

"Argent! I don't have all day!" I shouted up at Allison who was getting ready in her room, but I opted to wait downstairs.

"You can go up if you want, Skylar," I whirled around to find her mom and dad right behind me as I pulled my hands out of my pockets.

"It's cool, she's almost done, I'm just trying to make her hurry it up a bit more," I smiled lightly, still a little anxious to hear from Scott and Stiles.

"Chris-"

"Have you met Kate?" Mr Argent cut her sister off.

This bitch I knew.

"I don't think so, but Allison told me about her aunt arriving," I smiled, Kate extending a hand as she looked me up and down.

"Nice to meet you-"

"I'm Skylar. The friend she doesn't talk too much about," I shrugged.

"Oh, no she has mentioned you," her smiled turned more malicious, into a smirk which made it obvious that Allison mentioned my friendship with Scott and Stiles. "You're the girl who knows Derek Hale, right?" she asked as I kept my smile up, my hands slipping into my pockets, the right one turning into a fist.

Derek who had been missing and I had a pretty good idea as to whose fault that was.

"Yes ma'am," I replied, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"Tragic what happened to his family, isn't it?" she asked.

"It is," I replied, breaking our eye contact for a second and nodding, but I soon looked to her again so she knew I wasn't as fragile as she thought, "Though at least I know you shouldn't play with fire," I added, smirking this time as Allison rushed down the stairs.

"Hey," she said to us, oblivious to the tension that was between her family and I.

"You ready Ally?" I asked, smiling at her.