T h r e e

[Three; A Link To Home]

I took a little detour and went to the Beacon Hills Reserve - I think, I wasn't really paying attention to the board - then walked to the house that I knew still sat there. He wasn't there, of course he wasn't. Why would he be back yet? He had no reason to.

But someone was.

"Hey! This is private property! What do you think you're doing?" I turned and saw Laura Hale standing on her own, her arms crossed in front of her chest as I just stared back at her. "Wait-"

"Laura?" I smiled as she looked at me a little confused. "I'm Skylar. You know Tom, he's your-"

"Tommy?" she asked and uncrossed her arms as she took a few steps towards me. She had no reason to be scared of me, she could kill me with one hit, whether she used her claws or not, but I was thankful that name dropping could get me out of this situation.

"Yeah, we met a couple of years ago, I'm Sky. I'm his friend," I told her.

"He told me you died," she pulled up an eyebrow skeptically. Oh what do I have to do to get the Hales on my side for once? They're always so skeptical and violent...

"No, I mean yeah, I'm technically in a coma right now, but I can explain. Just not here," I told her so she nodded. We'd met once before, but not having the same smell now that I was half dead, she probably wouldn't believe me so easily.

"Come on in," she nodded towards the door. Again, she knew she could kill me easily if she needed to. "Why are you here?" she finally asked as we sat on two tables in the burnt down house, which still stood for some reason.

"I'm here to help some people. Laura, come on, we've met, do you really not trust me?" I asked as her claws slid out.

"I do. But you're not that Sky," she said in a low voice. Holy crap, if she goes full on werewolf, she could tear me apart and I'd never survive back home.

"I am, please, just wait, I can explain," I told her quickly, hopping off to have the freedom to run if I needed.

"Then speak," she said a little menacingly, so I did. I told her everything. Well, almost everything. I didn't tell her about her future which Christopher told me of, but I did tell her I was there to help someone, and that I needed her family's help. Well, her and Derek I guess. I knew Derek survived, and I knew he still remembered me - how could he not, I was the twelve year old who wouldn't shut up and just kept arguing with him and putting sarcastic remarks into any conversation we had because I was a cynical little twelve year old shit - but I wanted to make sure I would have them on my side. She promised, and that was enough for me.

I wasn't at the old Hale house for long, just about half an hour, and then I left. I knew Laura didn't want me there, so I went home and put my bike in its place before going into the house and then the kitchen.

But not before I jumped a mile back due to the mysterious figure that was in my way. "Holy crap!" I exclaimed and then sighed once seeing that it was just a policewoman from the station. "Jesus, officer, are you out to kill me?" I asked, putting a hand on my chest and exhaling. My heart was beating way too fast.

"Sorry," she offered as consolation and extended her right hand, which I then shook. "I'm Natalie, it's nice to meet you, you must be the famous Skylar?" she asked with a grin.

"Yeah. You're the Natalie, aren't you?" I asked as she let go of my hand and I slipped it into my jacket pocket.

"I am indeed. I've heard so much about you," she was quite petite, in comparison to me I guess, since I was naturally quite tall. She had shoulder length dark brown hair which was pulled back, out of her green eyes. Her uniform was clean and very well ironed. She was naturally quite pretty, and I immediately knew why Noah had taken a liking to her; she seemed perfect.