Epilogue

Epilogue

When Jena and I were kids, we grew up on a long stretch of road in Cornwall. With tons of cool things around, castles and coasts and little corner shops, we were the average children. The sun shined a little more than in the majority of the United Kingdom, but once we moved closer to London with our families, we found we weren't so different from everyone.

She was my sister. She is my sister. When she was bitten, we were only fourteen. Our alpha was male, quite pervy, really, to this day I still think he chose her to bite because she's a very pretty girl.

Either way, my parents - though on the brink of a divorce - helped us out. My mum had grown up with the legends of druids and the magic that surrounds werewolves. While the power was not passed down to her, but rather was supposed to pass down to her brother, she knew her stuff, and that was the reason we managed to help to put the alpha to rest, though we did find help from a friend of our's contacts.

I've had a crush on Tom Stanley since I knew my own name. That may be dramatic, but since I saw him, I guess. He has that air around him. He's confident, comforting, nice. His smile could make Harley Quinn sane and forget about the Joker. He gave me a reason to get myself together, to stop being a weakling, to do something and finally realise that Jena needed me. When we started out, I found out everything about her, but I also abandoned her. I didn't know how to deal with something so weird. It was a talk we had with Tom that made me realise that this was the sister who I loved so much, and I promised to be there with her forever. He was the reason I kept a hold on that link, on that string that tied us together. And with that, Tom was pulled into our own little three.

I wished I could see them again, but it made me realise that we weren't the same as Scott and Stiles, and even Lydia. You shouldn't be making connection between people. There aren't any because we're all different and that's the best thing I've ever experienced, though I've been through shit in my time.

I didn't really get to say goodbye to my first family, and then I didn't get to say goodbye to the other one. Instead, I got to experience death for the second time, just not the black at the end. There was something different.

The exhaustion, the subtle darkness and the numbness was the same. The separation from reality, the sound of my heartbeat- two heartbeats. But there was no light. There was no phantom pain that hit when I entered Limbo. There was no hole in my heart; it was still in one piece. And I didn't feel the bond with Jena.

-

I woke with a hand in mine, making me squeeze as I pulled as much air in as I could and pulled myself up.

    "Whoa, whoa," I whipped my head round to the body the hand was attached to and was just slightly disappointed to see Noah. No hospital, no bleach smell of blinding lights in the ceiling or the smaller feminine hand of Jena.

    "Hey," I whispered, his other hand reaching out to take a cup of water, offering it to me. I sent him a smile as I threw it back, letting the liquid refresh and cool my throat from the burn I was feeling just moments before. "What happened?" I asked, voice sounding like I'd just woken up.

    "You fell unconscious. You exhausted yourself, with what you did in the hospital and then the punch to Peter, linking yourself to Stiles most of the night. He felt tired, but you passed out," he explained as I sighed and lay back down, putting the cup onto the table beside my bed. I wasn't in the hospital, but it felt like it.

    My room was dark, everything in it's normal, blue glory as the light on my desk shone with the moon. It was a calm atmosphere, yet my heart wasn't beating its usual rate. "Where's Stiles? Scott. Are they okay?" I asked.