T w e n t y - S i x

Twenty-Six [Dear Uncle]

"Stiles!" his name left my throat in a strangled scream as held my shoes by the heel, running barefoot, my legs pushing as fast as possible as I saw him down on the ground with Peter opposite him, a pink dress between the two. My breath caught in my throat and my knees gave out as I reached them, recognising the bloody torso and red hair of my friend. I fell onto the grass by the three, checking for her pulse.

"Don't kill her, please don't kill her," I begged, tearing up as I forgot about everything but the three people in front of me, feeling the faintest pulse from Lydia. Peter seemed to think about it, blood dribbling down his chin as he narrowed his eyes and I saw an idea pop into his twisted brain. "Please, Peter, I'll, I'll-"

"Of course I won't," his soft voice replied, contrasting my pained one as I tried not to cry. "Just tell me how to find Derek," he stared down at Lydia's body longingly, the taste of her blood enticing him to take another bite, move onto another way to blackmail the two of us.

"W-What?" Stiles asked, one of Peter's clawed hands reaching out to curl around my neck as he squeezed the slightest, my hands going up to claw at his neck. I was in too much emotional pain to be able to summon the white mists, making me defenceless against the alpha, Stiles wasn't in enough danger for my instincts to kick in. He wouldn't kill me. He needed me.

"Tell me how to find Derek Hale," he pressed, fangs out and snarling the slightest, making me cough.

"We don't know," I complained, fingernail getting caught in his skin between his index finger and thumb, making his eyes shift to me.

"You don't-"

"I don't know that. How would I know that?" Stiles asked, not having figured it out yet.

"Because you're the clever one, aren't you? And because deception has a particularly- "his eyes shifted to me, red flashing for a mere moment so that I took the threat as real, "acrid, scent, Stiles. Tell me the truth- Or I will rip both of these lovely ladies apart."

"Good luck with choking on air," I spit, reaching his cheek. He stared back at me as I gave a malicious smirk. "Told you. Need to do background check," I coughed out as he snarled and dropped me, a hand pressing me down onto the floor.

"Look- Look I don't know, okay? I sw- I swear to God, I have no idea!" this only made Peter's claws graze my skin as his fangs slid out again, but I refused to cower in fear.

"Tell me!" he threatened with his claws on myself and Lydia, growling in Stiles' face. I couldn't get out of this, even with my own training.

"Okay, okay okay! Look, I- I think he knew-"

"Knew what?" I diverted my eyes to Stiles, watching him fumble over his words as he tried to keep calm, but I felt everything. The pain, the worry, the chaos of answers and options to choose. I couldn't focus on sending him anything positive right now, I was too busy trying not to die, so that he wouldn't die today. Though Peter was right, for once. He's the clever one.

"Derek, I think he- I think he knew he was gonna be caught," Stiles said.

"By the Argents," I added, speaking up, my voice still not as strong as it usually was.

"Yeah," Stiles nodded to confirm my earlier brainstorming.

"And?"

"When they were shot, he and Scott- I think he took Scott's phone."

"Why?"

"God, you're old. Phones all have GPS now. Global Positioning System. You can track it from anywhere," I told him, Peter's claws slowly sliding back as he realised I was cooperating.