Chapter 30

not long until the end, things are going to start getting heavy

Enjoy lovelies ❤️
-----------------

ROSALIND'S P.O.V

I didn't know how long it had been since I had last seen Michael, days? weeks? Okay probably not weeks but it felt like I had been in this room for an eternity.

It wasn't a small room so I occasionally got up and walked around and sat and read the book Michael had given me because other than that, there was nothing to do.

I occasionally thought about the Glade and how everyone were going and if they were all okay, especially Newt.

God I missed him a lot, and Minho, and Chuck, and Gally and Alby. I couldn't tell them it was all an experiment, I didn't even know if I'd survive to do so.

The door opened and people in black protective gear stormed in along with the Chancellor,

"lights out" one of the guard says evilly before hitting me in the head with the butt of his gun.
~~~~~~~~~
8 WEEKS LATER
NEWT'S P.O.V

We were getting out, and we were going to kick WICKED'S butt. They stole Rose from me and I was going to make them pay.

Thomas had gotten us to the cliff so far. The cliff was where disgusting looking Grievers readied themselves to create a bloody mess of us.

If being back in the maze wasn't bad enough, being in here and having a showdown with grievers wasn't how I would ever have expected my reunion with the Maze to be.

I thought about the goal here, we just had to fight them off and kill them, then I was one step closer to finding Rose.
~~~
It was just a huge room, wires and computers littering the floors.

I wasn't worried about any of it when something else caught my eye. A person was lying on the floor, they were curled up and facing away from us.

I didn't notice the glass that sat in front of at least twenty adults, all looking sad as they held a notebook, writing things down at a fast pace.

I forgot about the people behind the glass and launched foreword to the strange person dressed in white, dropping to my knees in front of them.

I place the person in my lap and turned them around, It was Rose. I should have noticed sooner due to her orange hair.

"Newt, who is it?" I hear Thomas ask.

I brushed her hair from her face and brought her up to me so I could hug her, holding her right.

"it's Rose!" Minho yells.

As if her body was synced to Minho's voice she gasped and sat up, breathing heavily for a minute before looking at me.

"Newt?" she questioned her face confused dr a second like she didn't remember me, fear began to break out in my stomach.

Does she not remember me?

Newt!" she said louder hugging me tight like if she was to let me go or for one second and loosening her grip would mean I'd disappear.

Her lips find mine in a short soft peck. I couldn't describe how reliving it was to know Rose was safe.

I help her up and watch as Minho walks up to her and grabs her by the face, roughly moving it to the right "are you really Rose?" he narrows his eyes as he looks at Rose.

"Are you really Minho" Rose snaps back in a croaky voice. She grabs his face and shakes it, mimicking what he had done to her moments before but grunts ever so quietly and puts her hand to her stomach. "I'm really confused" Thomas says.

Rose looks past Minho, towards Thomas.

"who are you?" Rose asks while looking through the group of boys,

"and where's Alby, what about Clint and Gally? Where is everyone else?" I didn't want to tell her, I didn't have the guts to tell her that they were gone, dead.

"Thomas this is Rose, she was in the Glade long before your shuck butt got there" Minho says.

"hey Thomas, you must have been the greenie" Rose says trying to smile,

"I guess I was, but what are you doing in this place?" he asked Rose curiously.

She shrugs. Chuck pushed his way through the crowd of boys,

"Chuck!" Rose welcomed him with open arms as she bent down and caught him in a hug, "Thomas saved us!" Chuck yells

"You found the button" Thomas pointed out to Chuck.

Rose looked up at him, "Thank you" she says, "Thank you for finding a way out" Rose got up and hugged Thomas as well.

I guess she was in that hugging sort of mood. All the boys moved around her swallowing her in a massive group hug.

"And you, you're familiar" Rose says pointing at Teresa.

"I don't remember anything, just like you" she says yet something about her statement didn't seem convincing.

"I remember, my brain just won't let me see the memories so yeah maybe I did forget" Rose replies, confusing everyone.

"My names Teresa" Teresa smiles timidly

"The name's Rose if you don't already know, hope the shucking boys didn't give you any trouble" Teresa shook her head in response.

"Maybe we should try and get out of-" before Rose could finish her sentence the doors opened  and in stepped a woman she had short brown hair and a solemn, serious look to her.

Then Gally stepped in after her I knew someone was bound to walk in but I didn't think it would be Gally of all people