three

The two boys walked in almost complete silence all day. Craig walked in front with Tweek following him. Their feet hurt. They were tired and hungry. Needless to say, they didn't have a good day.

    Craig sighed, pulling Tweek away from his thoughts. They stopped and Craig turned around to face the smaller boy. "We should stop somewhere for the night." He said. Tweek thought about this for a second and agreed. It would be far too dangerous for them to walk out in the open at night in the dark.

    Craig sighed and looked around. "Hmm..." He began walking again and Tweek followed. They decided to follow a path to the nearest city. The sun was setting quickly, and there was no time to waste.

    "Here!" Craig exclaimed, running towards a hotel. "It's abandoned." He trailed off.

    "I d-don't know how I f-feel about this." Tweek said.

    "What other choice do we have?" Craig asked. Tweek shrugged his shoulders. Craig opened the creaky door of the three-story, run-down hotel. There was no power in this town either. It was assumed that there wasn't power anywhere, at least nowhere near here.

    Tweek pulled a flashlight out of his bag. "I-I don't know how much b-battery this thing has." He said, turning it on and handing it to Craig.

    "We'll be careful with it." Craig said. "Anyways, we can take anything we want from stores. It's not like there's anyone to get us in trouble."

    They walked cautiously through the main room of the hotel, to the rooms. "We should go to the third floor and stay as protected and isolated as we can." Craig said, Tweek agreed.

    Tweek ducked behind Craig, following him across the main lobby of the hotel to the elevator. There was no power, of course, so they had to take the stairs which is easier said than done in almost complete darkness. Craig made it up the staircase fine, but Tweek was so clumsy that he slipped off on the third step. Craig turned around when he heard him scream.

    "Are you okay?" Craig said casually.

    "I'm fine." Tweek muttered. "I c-can't see anything!" Craig went back down the stairs and offered his hand to help Tweek up. Tweek reached out and Craig pulled him off the ground. He didn't let go of his hand, leading him through the darkness all the way to the farthest room in the hotel on the third floor.

    Tweek pulled two candles and a box of matches out of the backpack. "Good thing I b-brought these!" He said excitedly as he lit the candles. Craig smiled at how easily amused Tweek was. He glanced at the watch on his wrist. 1:42am.

    Craig sighed. "We should get going to bed."

    Tweek turned around and looked at Craig. "Shouldn't we shower?"

    "There's no running water." Craig said.

    "Oh yeah." Tweek hopped over to the bed and set a candle on each nightstand. Craig stood up and took off his t-shirt, setting it on a table. "We don't have clothes..." He muttered.

    "Hm." Tweek said, thinking. "We could find a store and get clothes from there or something."

    "Yeah."

    Craig flopped down on the one small bed that the room had.

    "I'm tired and it's 2am. Let's go to sleep."

     "Okay. Do you want me to sleep on the floor?" Tweek asked.

     "No. I don't care."

    "Alright..." The boys blew out the candles on either side of the bed and laid down, quickly falling asleep. They'd had a long day, for sure.

~~~

    Craig woke up to a banging noise. Tweek was still fast asleep.

    Craig rolled out of the bed and looked out the window. He saw the front door of the hotel, which he had locked, had been ripped from the door frame and thrown on the ground. His heart dropped. He kneeled down to the floor and he tried to listen to see if he could hear anything.

    He heard a dull thumping coming from somewhere else in the hotel. He gulped and kept listening. Suddenly the thumping stopped. He pushed himself off of the ground and ran his fingers through his hair. Should he check it out? Should he wake up Tweek? Should he just stay hidden?

    A loud bang on the door made Craig jump. Tweek woke up. "What?" He mumbled. Craig looked at him with wide eyes. He held a finger up to his mouth, signaling for Tweek to be quiet. Tweek was immediately wide awake and felt the knot in his stomach that was becoming all too familiar. The banging continued, getting louder and louder.

    The two boys heard a loud crack and Tweek covered his mouth to keep from screaming. "Go lock yourself in the bathroom." Craig whispered. Tweek got up and walked to the bathroom, almost crying. He stepped into the room and locked the door, huddling into the corner.

    The cracking and banging continued as Craig searched through the bag Tweek had packed, searching for something to use. He found a pocket knife. He examined the weapon. The name 'Richard' was carved into the side. The knife was Tweek's dad's. Craig wondered if Tweek would mind if he used it.

    Suddenly there was the loudest crack of all. Craig whipped around and saw two of the gray beings running towards him. There was no time to think. He took the knife and stabbed one of the beings as hard as he could. The being fell on the ground and Craig kicked it in the torso, pushing the other one away. It seemed as if it was unharmed.

    Craig kept kicking it but it recovered so quickly. He finally decided to kick it in the head. It screamed loudly and stopped struggling as much. Craig kept attacking its head and it died quickly. The head, Craig thought. That's their weakness.

    The other being was still after him. He realized that the knife was useless, so he set it down on the table. He instead grabbed the lamp from the nightstand and flung it at the second being's head. It fell on the ground and Craig kept attacking. When it finally died, he caught his breath.

    Craig realized he was shaking as he grabbed the blanket from the bed and draped it over the dead bodies of the monsters. He rubbed his hands together and walked towards the bathroom. He remembered that the door was locked, so he knocked. "Tweek?"

"Tweek, open the door." He said. "Please?" The lock clicked and Craig opened the door. Tweek sat on the edge of the bathtub. Craig approached him.

"...a-are you okay?" He said, sounding far more worried than he had the night before, when Tweek fell down the stairs. Tweek nodded.

"I just- that was scary. I'm just scared." He said.

Craig embraced him lightly. He relaxed a little bit. He was surprised by the compassion that Craig was showing. He was never this nice in school.

"I'm scared too."

"We should get out of here." Tweek said, grabbing everything in a rush and running out, avoiding looking at the bodies on the floor. He forgot the knife on the table and they both left in a hurry.

A/N: hey :)) hope you liked that chapter, it was pretty longer than most of my chapters. idk if i'll be continuing writing addict or that might go on hold. idk yet.

5 votes for the next chapter ? (@ chloe, only one of your votes count lmao -.-)

(9-15-17 - i'm doing some updates going through these chapters and revising some stuff! it's been a while since i wrote it and thought it could use some editing)