four ~ glass

Tweek followed Craig as usual. They walked a little bit, Tweek humming a song to himself. Craig was silent and stared at his feet most of the time. Craig stopped in his tracks. Tweek stopped to, startled. "Do you hear that?" Craig asked.

"Hear what?" Tweek replied, looking around. They stood in the middle of the street. They were on their way to go to a store before getting back on their original mission to the shelter in Denver. They needed a change of clothes and some sort of self defense before leaving again.

Craig didn't reply, just staying silent to try and hear the noise again. A soft muttering could be heard. "That." Craig said. The noise was getting louder.

"It sounds l-like someone talking." Tweek said. Craig nodded and walked towards the noise. "Do you think there's anyone else who made it?" Craig asked. Tweek shrugged.

The taller boy knelt down behind a bush and peered over the top, with Tweek going behind him and looking over his shoulder. The talking got louder and soon enough, two people came into view. A short, stocky boy with a red unbuttoned jacket and a blue & yellow hat was talking loudly. A slightly taller, red-headed boy with a green hat and orange jacket shuffled behind him, looking at the ground seeming like he wasn't even listening to the other boy.

"...Cartman...?" Craig whispered. Tweek watched the two boys walk closer. Craig stood up and walked into the path, Tweek following cowardly behind him. The stocky boy stopped when he noticed Craig,the other one stopping soon afterwards. "Craig!" The stocky boy said. "Hehe! We thought you died. Is that Twitchy?" The stocky boy laughed and Craig narrowed his eyes.

"Shut up, Cartman." He said, walking closer. "We thought you died." He said. Tweek looked at Kyle, the boy with the green hat, and remembered the last time he saw him. He gave him a sad look, but Kyle was too busy watching his feet to even notice.

"What's up with him?" Craig said, gesturing towards Kyle.

"Oh," Cartman said. "He's all boo-hoo over Stan. He got eaten by one of the zombies back at the school." Kyle tensed up but kept staring at the ground.

"Zombies?" Craig asked. The strange beings were zombies? Like from one of those cliché movie?

"Yeah." Cartman replied. His attention was quickly redirected back to Kyle. "It's stupid, though. He's no fun to rip on when he's sad!" Cartman poked Kyle. "Kyyyeeel! Come on, Kyel." He tried to get a reaction out of Kyle but he just walked away and stood next to Tweek. Tweek awkwardly patted Kyle's shoulder in an attempt to say 'Sorry.' 

Craig thought about Cartman's use of the word 'zombies.' It made sense, but it just seemed stupid and unrealistic to call it that. This isn't a movie, it's real life. Were they even zombies? Craig decided that he didn't really care, he just had a name for them now.

"Well." Craig said, interrupting Cartman from picking on Kyle. "We were going to go to a store to pick up some things before going to a shelter in Denver. If you're coming with, then let's go." Craig began walking, Tweek and Kyle following close behind.

"Hey, that's where we were going too!" Cartman said.

"No it's not, fatass." Kyle said abruptly. "You were just walking nowhere. You didn't even know there was a shelter in Denver." Craig raised his eyebrows at Kyle's little rant, but they all still kept walking.

"Whatever, Jew." Cartman said, catching up with them.

"A sign back there said that there's a Target in the next town over." Kyle said to Craig. Craig nodded. "Perfect."

The group walked for about two hours before reaching the next town and getting to Target. "This might be dangerous." Craig said, walking to the front doors. When he pulled on the glass doors, they were locked. "They're locked." He said.

"Lemme try." Cartman said, pushing Craig out of the way. "I'm a lot stronger than any of you." Craig rolled his eyes as Cartman desperately tried to pull open the door. "Hm." He said. "These are some strong doors..." All three of the other boys rolled their eyes and Craig stepped forward.

"We could break the glass." He suggested. The other boys looked at him uneasily.

"Yeah!" Cartman cheered. "Go on, Craig."

"Since you're so strong, why don't you do it?" Craig said, smirking. He stepped out of the way and Cartman shook his head.

"Nah, I can't always have the spotlight, heheh."

Craig gestured towards the door. "Oh no, it's alright" He smiled.

Cartman muttered something under his breath. "Fine." He said. "Must I always be the hero?" He said cockily, before he stepped back and then lunged himself towards the door, bouncing off and landing on the concrete with a "HMPH!" This sent Craig into a fit of laughter, Tweek laughing too, and even a small chuckle from Kyle.

"Fuck off, Craig! Stupid kike! Twitchy!" Cartman spewed out insults as the other boys laughed at his failure. He got up and brushed himself off. "You do it, Craig!"

Craig wiped the tears of laughter from his face and stepped in front of the door. He kicked it as hard as he could and the glass shattered into a million pieces.

"I FUCKIN' HATE YOU, CRAIG!" Cartman yelled as the four boys ducked through the opening of the door.

"Yeah, yeah." Craig said. The light from the windows was just enough to be able to see inside the building. "Let's pair up and go get whatever. Tweek, you're with me. Kyle and Cartman, you two can go." Kyle sighed loudly as Cartman kept yelling slurs at him.

Craig decided to get a change of clothes first. He and Tweek walked to the clothing section and picked out some basic clothes. "Damn, I stink." Craig said before grabbing two sticks of deodorant off a shelf and throwing one to Tweek. He took his shirt off with no warning and Tweek yelped. "Oh, sorry." He said. He walked into a fitting room to put on his new clothes instead.

After they changed, they needed a weapon. Craig picked out a metal baseball bat for himself and gave Tweek a wooden one. They both knew Tweek would be too scared to fight, anyways.

They met back up with Cartman and Kyle, who had done the same as them. All four of them went to the abandoned Starbucks and helped themselves to some food.

 "Do you hear that?" Kyle said suddenly. The boys were deathly silent. A muffled thumping could be heard.

"Shiiit..." Craig said. He picked up his baseball bat and looked around the corner. "I don't see-"

He was cut off by Tweek's blood-curdling scream. He whipped around and saw Tweek being dragged away.

"Tweek!" He yelled, running after him.

A/N: ooh shit, cliffhanger haha
hope you enjoyed that!
how about 7 votes for the next chapter..? :)