eleven ~ empty

A/N: i rewrote some of this chapter/added some stuff because obviously it's an important chapter and i felt like it was lacking lmfao. anyways, enjoy. i'm working on ch 12.

.

.

.

.

.

The boys heard a clicking at the door.

"I'm back!" Patrick announced.

"We see that." Tweek said.

"Did you two have fun?" Patrick said in a teasing tone.

"Yup. It was great. Wasn't it, Tweek?" Craig said jokingly, throwing his arm around the smaller boy. Tweek froze up and awkwardly laughed.

"Mm-hmmm..." Patrick hummed cheerfully. "Anyways..." He turned around and picked up a box he had been carrying with him. "I killed a couple squirrels that we can cook up!" He laughed.

"I don't eat meat." Tweek said rather calmly, with a slightly disgusted look on his face.

"Oh..." Patrick scratched his head in thought. "You just like to cause all sorts of problems, don't you, blondie?"

"I'm sorry," He replied, shrugging his shoulders. "But I'll starve before I'm going to eat a squirrel."

"Yeah, yeah." Patrick pointed through a doorway. "There's some non-meat stuff in the kitchen over there. Not much, but you gotta eat." He trailed off.

"We'll do this tomorrow, though. Me and you, buddy." Patrick lightly punched Craig's shoulder.

"Yeah." Craig said in a strange tone that Tweek couldn't decipher, and Patrick seemingly didn't notice. "Let's go to bed, Tweek. Night, Patrick." Craig said quickly as if he was in a rush. He turned around and went off to the room they'd been staying in.

"Jeez. What's up with him." Tweek shrugged. Patrick raised his eyebrows. He hadn't really noticed anything different about him but he just chalked it up to the fact that Tweek of course knew Craig a lot better, he had known him much longer. Patrick never did get their back story. Had they been friends prior to the apocalypse? Did they meet after the apocalypse, in the shelter perhaps? He figured it wasn't that important. The past didn't matter anymore. His thoughts were interrupted by Tweek's high-pitched voice.

"Good night, Patrick." He waved to the taller man and walked back to the bedroom.

"Night, blondie." Patrick said as Tweek gave him a sarcastic glare. The nickname had stuck.

Tweek shut the door behind him carefully, as to not make a lot of noise and attract zombies. He had learned the hard way that their bedroom door slammed easily. When he turned around, Craig had already removed his blue cotton jacket and was getting into bed. He seemed to be avoiding eye contact with Tweek.

"Hey, are you okay?" Tweek asked timidly, inching closer to craig cautiously as if he was a rabid dog about to snap.

"Yeah. Why?" Craig said, acting nonchalant about it.

"I-I don't know... You just seemed a little weird when you said good night."

"Hmm.. nope." Craig said, laying down and pulling the grey covers over him. "I'm the same as always." Craig obviously didn't want to talk about it and Tweek could see that.

"Okay." Tweek simply let it go. He unbuttoned his green shirt and hung it over a chair that sat in the far end of the room.

He climbed into the bed, facing away from Craig. He felt a little awkward, like Craig was mad at him or something.