thirteen ~ bow

***A/N: okay so i know it's literally been almost a year since i updated and i beT YOU ALL GAVE UP ON ME. BUT NO I FINALLY WROTE THE THIRTEENTH CHAPTER HAHAHA!!!!! anyways enjoy and im gonna try to finish the book but tbh i have no idea where this is going. also today is when season 21 starts so yay if there's no creek i'll rage***

(actually i wrote this in july but im just now publishing it)

    "Why would they kidnap Eric?" Tweek asked as he and Kyle walked side-by-side through the forest, Kyle leading the way and Tweek keeping an eye out for zombies.

"Honestly? I have no idea." Kyle looked slightly worried. "Maybe they want something and they're holding him ransom, but other than that, I have no clue."

"Do you think they have Craig too?" Tweek was almost afraid to ask. His every thought since Craig had disappeared was about Craig, where he could be, and how Tweek was going to get him back.

"I hope so," Kyle said. Tweek looked at him like he was crazy. "I mean, it's really his only chance to survive. Being out here alone and staying alive longer than a day is almost impossible. It had only been a few hours since losing Cartman that I found you. I'm so glad we found each other by the way." He smiled at Tweek, and Tweek grinned back. If they hadn't found each other, Tweek would be dead by now, no doubt. And Kyle likely wouldn't have made it either.

Morning had long broken by now, and Tweek was sure that Patrick was aware of his absence. He was also sure that Patrick would not come out looking for him, and that Patrick had expected Tweek to leave soon anyway. Tweek felt slightly guilty for leaving Patrick alone, but of course, Tweek had never been anything but a burden in the first place so there wasn't much to apologize for.

After a long journey to seemingly nowhere, it was late afternoon. "Where exactly are we going?" Tweek asked Kyle timidly. He walked behind Kyle now, his frail, short legs not able to keep up with Kyle's much longer and much more nimble ones.

"Not sure." Kyle said.

Tweek waited for an explanation. "...what?" He asked after a few moments of awkward silence.

"I don't really know where we're going." Kyle repeated clearly. "I mean, I have a general idea, but it's not very concrete and I don't have the best sense of direction."

Tweek just stared at him. "Uh.. okay." He said. There wasn't much else to say, since Tweek didn't have any more idea of where to go than Kyle.

"Um, what do you know about these t-terrorist people?" Tweek asked.

"Well, I know there's at least two of them, since two of them came and took Cartman last night. Other than that... well..."

Tweek just stayed silent and kept walking. So basically, he thought, We don't know where we're going. We don't know what we're looking for. And we don't have any sort of plan for what to do if we do find what we're looking for. Which we don't know. Great.

"Is that your weapon?" Kyle asked, sounding almost amused. Tweek looked at the baseball bat he'd been dragging behind him.

"Er, yeah?" Tweek didn't want to admit that Craig had given him the bat and that's why he chose it over something else. Not to mention the fact that Tweek doesn't know the first thing about using guns or knives, but he can swing a bat just fine.

"We should get you an upgrade.." Kyle thought for a moment, then took his backpack off and dug around for a minute. "Ah." He said.

A couple minutes later, Kyle held up a rickety-looking bow and three arrows. "It isn't much," He said. "But it's cool, right?"

"Yeah," Tweek took the weapon and examined it. It was made from a branch and some fishing line, with a bit of rope wrapped around the middle for a handle. The arrows were just sticks sharpened on one end with a notch cut into the other. "But I don't know how to use it."

"It's really easy." Kyle said, wrapping his arms around Tweek to show him how to hold the bow and arrow. "Just put the arrow on like this, pull back as far as you can, aim and let go."

Tweek felt slightly uncomfortable at the physical contact, but when he pulled on the arrow and shot it, it flew about a foot before crash-landing in the ground. Kyle chuckled good-naturedly. "You just need to practice." He walked over, picked up the arrow, and handed it back to Tweek before going on his way. Tweek frowned, but kept following him.