Chapter 32: Surprisingly

Kayla

I woke up and washed my face real quick. Then I went to the car and drove to the store, I bought a set of empty CD's and some chips. Then I went to the library and used 1 of the computers to burn my music to the CD's. After burning all 50, I labeled them and mailed 1 to a record company in Las Angeles, California. I really always wanted to go there. I'm going to move as soon as I can. Then I went to the beach and stared giving away the CD for free, since I could easily make more. Surprisingly, some people paid me because I was actually singing the mixtape as I sold it.

"Hey, are you Kayla Phillips?" Somebody asked walking up to me.

"Yes, why?" I asked smiling.

"I would love to purchase your mixtape and produce your music." Said a man in a suit.

"Who are ya?" I asked.

"I am Isac Holmes." He said shaking my hand.

"The producer from Def Jams?" I asked.

"Yep!" He said.

"I'm sorry but isn't August Alsina signed there?" I asked.

"Yes mam." He said.

"Well I'm sorry but I'm not interested, well not for Def Jams anyway." I said.

"I'm thinking Cali Las Vegas maybe Hollywood, or Columbia." I said.

"Oh, well I can get you in touch with them if you'd like." Isac said.

"Ok." I said.

He pulled out his phone and wrote down the numbers on the back of his card and handed it to me.

"Oh, and just in case you change your mind, I wrote down my number, good luck Kayla Phillips!" He said.

"Thanks!" I said.

He walked away and I continued to sing. I was getting tired and it was getting dark so I grabbed my stuff and went back to the car. Then I saw a piece of paper on the wind shield. I got it and read it. It said:

Congratulations, your pregnant now huh? Chris hurt you because of the sex tape- I made it.

-T

I looked on the back and there was a red R. Then I opened the car door and found all the notes I received from this "T". I had the R, the E, the D, and the other R. I think it's spelling something. Redr? Nah, that ain't a word. Unless there's more? Anyway, I got in the car and dialed Dre's number and waited for him to answer.

Phone Conversation

"Hey Kayla." Ciara said into the phone.

"Girl if ya don't give me this phone, she don't wanna be bothered!" Dre semi yelled in the background. 

"Kayla, please come back!" She said.

Then she hung up.

Phone Conversation Over

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I have to tell Dre about the 4th note. This could really be serious. I turned on the radio and started driving back to the house.