Chapter 35: Beat A Bitch

Kayla- 2 Months Later

August is back in Atlanta. I gave him Tru to give to his nieces. He said to wait for him. Whatever that means. Ever since I left to see Chris, Dre has been off. He promised me that he wouldn't and wasn't cheating. He made me stay with him and keeps smoking and drinking. He's trying to fuck right now and I don't feel good. Every time I reject him, he leaves the house for hours and comes back drunk and that's almost every day. He looks like he wasn't cheating so I can't say anything. I'm scared he'll really hurt me. I don't know what to do if I get pregnant.

"No Deandre. I'm so sick of this." I said pushing him off of me.

I ran upstairs and sat down in the closet. I've been going in there to get away from him. It's like I'm scared of him. I don't think I'm scared of him, I'm scared of his abilities. I stayed in the closet and waited until I heard the front door shut and lock to get out of the closet. I grabbed my phone and called August, just like I've been doing every night. I called him twice. He usually answers to me on the first ring. But he didn't answer at all. Damn. I feel like Britney Spears during Everytime. I went in the bedroom and took a quick shower and went to sleep.

4:15 am

I shot up catching my breath for the second time tonight. I looked on the nightstand and grabbed my notepad. Dre wasn't here yet. It seems like he's getting home later every night. Or should I say morning? I grabbed my pen and started thinking.

"This gon' be the third night
Jumping up out my sleep
Can't find the air to breathe
You're taking it all out of me
There's no prescription
Strong enough for your memories..." I said trying to think harder.

"Clenching on my fists, biting on my lips
Punching through the walls, tryna make sense..." I wrote.

"I've never been a drinker... just a heavy thinker...Been around the smokers...that's just not my focus
We almost had it all...but you lost your way...sound the alarm
Somebody call the rehab...you just had a relapse...
Amo cho te mato, terminal mi lado
I'm not one of those...I'm just a girl with a cause...
Hold your applause." My pen softly floated across the paper like... like the way I felt when I kissed August.

I couldn't think anymore. Just about August. I put my pad and pen under my pillow and drifted back off to sleep.

The Next Morning

"Good morning Kay." Dre said kissing my cheek.

He smelled like drugs and liquor. I scooted away in the bed.

"Hi." I said blankly.

"What's this?" He asked getting my pad from under my pillow.

"It's my notepad." I said annoyed.

"Oh." He said rolling his eyes.

"How long ya been here Deandre?" I asked.

"5 minutes." He said.

My phone rang so I checked it. It was August.

"Why that niggah callin' ya phone?" He asked looking pissed.

"To check and see if I'm ok." I said honestly.

"I'm here doe." He said.

"Exactly." I said in my head.

"Well maybe he just wants to talk to me." I said stepping outta the bed.

I went in the bathroom and locked the door. Then I answered it.