Chapter 34: Treat Me Like Somebody

Kayla- The Next Morning

I woke up and brushed my teeth and washed my face. Then I walked in the bedroom and sat on the bed to hear a knocking on the door. I looked around and got up. I realized I was only in my bra and panties so I slipped on some shorts and a tank top.

"Who is it?!" I semi yelled.

"Kayla?" I heard somebody say.

I looked through the peep hole and saw August. What the fuck is he doing here? I opened the door and frowned.

"Hey." He said with an uneasy smile.

"Wah ya want, and why are ya here?" I asked getting pissed.

"Wait, I don't even give a fuck about that, how'd ya find me?" I asked.

"Are ya ok?" He asked.

"Answer my fuckin' question Anthony." I said.

He hesitated then walked in and kissed me while squeezing my ass. I wanted to kiss back but I wanted him to stop because Deandre and I are together.

"Aug stop." I said with a tear rolling down my cheek.

He walked over and closed the door and locked it. Then he walked back towards me.

"Wah are ya doin' Anthony? Back the fuck up!" I semi yelled.

He grabbed my hand and walked me over to the couch. He sat me down and sat next to me.

"Aug I-" He cut me off.

"Mama told me where ya were, I figured ya was at the nearest 5 star hotel so I checked here." He confessed.

"I just wanna say that I'm sorry for the way I treated ya in Atlanta. I do care about ya and I still love ya. Trust me, I've been with a lot of beautiful women. None of them are like ya." He said looking me in my eyes.

He wiped my tears and I hugged him.

"Thank ya, but is this the only reason ya came to New York? I mean just to see me?" I asked.

"Fo Sho beybeh." He said smiling.

He kissed my forehead and I blushed.

"Are ya still angry with me?" He asked.

"No Aug, I was pregnant." I said laughing.

"Was?" He asked scratching the back of his head.

"I lost it after all that abuse." I said looking down.

He lifted my head up by my chin with his finger.

"It's ok, it's ok Kayla. Somebody taught me something... I can't remember her name!" He said smiling.

"Smarties said God wouldn't give ya nun ya can't handle." He said looking at me.

"Ya was right." He said.

I laughed. It was an awkward silence for a moment but he looked at me and stared me in my eyes.

"Wah?" I asked looking up at him.

"I wanna kiss ya so bad. And I wanna fuck ya too." He said.

I laughed.

"Kayla I'm serious." He said scratching the back of his head.

"I'm with Deandre, I'm sorry. I love ya too August but sometimes, ya gotta move on." I said caressing his beard.

"I gotta, go. I'll call ya when I get back to Atlanta." He said getting up.

"Ok." I said standing up too.