Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Finally noticing the bright light shining on me, I stirred in the comfortable bed I was in. I probably should've opened my eyes, but I was too comfortable to fully wake up. I didn't want to leave the dream I was having of being in someone's strong, warm embrace that made me feel protected. I wanted to continue this lovely dream, remembering the intoxicating scent of the man who made me forget about all the cares in the world. I wanted to hug the person tighter and kiss him senseless, yet something told me I should wake up.

"Ah!" I screamed immediately as my eyes opened. Gage's eyes flew open just as I pushed myself out of his gentle hold, causing me to fall off the bed.

"Damn it," I muttered, rubbing my back. I didn't hear anything from him at first, until he stood over me, laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him. "It's not funny. I didn't know how much you liked to cuddle, Jenson," I teased bitterly.

At that he stopped laughing, shooting me a glare instead. "I do not like to cuddle."

I rolled my eyes, pushing myself off the ground. "Sure you don't. Just remember the position we woke up to and refrain from doing it again, got it?"

He raised his eyebrow in an arrogant way, though his blue eyes flickered with amusement. "Again? Well as much as you loved being in my arms—which was your doing—I can assure you that there won't be anymore chances of that happening," he said smugly.

I glared and crossed my arms across my chest. "I didn't mean it like that. And please, you think I enjoyed that? Think again, Jenson," I snapped.

He rolled his eyes, smirking. "Whatever, I'm getting breakfast."

"Good, take your time," I said, hoping he'd be gone for a while. After he threw on a shirt and left, I let out a breath I was apparently holding. Taking deep breaths to calm myself, I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

As I washed my hair and scrubbed Gage's familiar scent off of me, I couldn't help but allow him to plague my thoughts. How could I be so stupid to think I was dreaming? To think that he would be the wonderful, protective man next to me? I knew I should've thought of Captain America before falling asleep.

"Crap," I muttered, noticing I forgot to grab my clothes before taking a shower. Whatever, Gage was at breakfast.

I put on my bra and panties before sifting through my suitcase, unsure of what to wear. When I finally settled on dark skinny jeans, I thought of wearing my favorite Nirvana t-shirt with them—if I could find it.

While I searched diligently for it, I heard the door open loudly as a shocked Gage entered the room. Before I could even yell at him, I noticed that his eyes had already raked over my body. The last time this happened, I was at least wearing pants—this time, I wasn't so fortunate.

"Turn around, you pervert!" I yelled at the gaping Gage, trying to cover myself. When it finally clicked in his brain that he was staring, he turned his body to face the door. "Geez, you never knock, do you?" I said harshly as I put on my jeans and the stupid shirt I was looking for.

"It's my room too, you know," he defended.

"Well I thought you were getting breakfast!" I replied. "And I'm dressed now," I added.

"I did get breakfast," he said as he turned around. "Here." He tossed a bag at me—which I skillfully caught—before grabbing his own clothes and walking into the bathroom to take a shower, I presumed. When he was out of sight, I cautiously opened the bag, only to see a large banana nut muffin. I wasn't sure whether to be shocked that he actually did something nice and brought me breakfast, or to be surprised that he gave me the only kind of muffin I'll eat. Honestly, I was both, which made me start to feel slightly guilty for being a jerk to him. Then again, he did walk in on me while I was getting dressed—not once, but twice.