019. full chapter

Apr. 7, 2016, 6:54 PM- Apr. 7, 2016, 6:54 PM
Alexia's time-Jeongguk's time

Lexie pressed play on a song called 'Hate to See Your Heart Break' by Paramore. It was one of her favorite songs of all time. Jeongguk laid on his back on his bed, his fingers lacing behind his head, his arms resting in a relaxed position. His eyes were shut as he listened to the lyrics, the evening air blowing on his face. The song was blasting loudly and went out to the world outside. He was content.

Lexie was staring out the window, her knees drawn up to her chest. She wore a pair of gray sweatpants and a pink shirt with a tiny peach sewn on the pocket. Her hair was pulled back in its famous bunny tail.

As the sky got darker, the city got brighter. The orange and yellow lights gleamed softly against the dark blue sky. The song was perfect background music as she watched the lights twinkle and cars churn forward. She cupped her chin in her hand, her elbow rested on the windowsill and she watched in peaceful silence.

She smiled at the lyrics, feeling her heart swell at each note. She turned to look at Jeongguk, her breath catching. He looked so peaceful lying there and so attractive with a ghost of a smile etched on his face. He was wearing a navy blue crew neck sweater and gray sweats. She pressed her lips together and looked elsewhere.

After a couple moments, his quiet voice murmured, "It's pretty."

She looked at him, watching as he stared at the lights outside, "It is," she agreed.

He laid on his side, resting his elbow on the bed and cupping his face in his hand. His eyes were sparkling, and his cheeks were flushed a happy pink. He stared off for a bit longer, his smile growing with each second.

"What are you thinking about?" Lexie asked.

"How there is no place in this entire world I'd rather be." He responded.

Lexie smiled softly, and his cheeks grew red with embarrassment. He hid his face and laughed awkwardly. He cleared his throat and got up, his feet hitting the floor gently. He crossed the carpet and sat in front of her. He copied her pose and wrapped his arms around his knees.

She'd taken to staring out the window again, and he watched her, admiring her aloof stare. He looked out the window also, listening to the soft instrumentals of the song.

"I'm not good at expressing my emotions well, but I'm just really happy right now. I'm happy to be in a place so refreshing, and I'm happy to be here with you." He said, staring at his hands, his face growing extremely hot.

After a moment of silence, he looked up. Lexie was looking at him, smiling. She reached forward, grabbing his hand in her's and tangling their fingers together.

"I am too," she smiled.

xxx

this story is coming to an end soon ):

however, i have plenty of ideas that i am very excited to share with you.

i've noticed that the reads have gone down on this story, and i'm not upset, but i'm saddened that readers are losing interest in my writing. is there any way that i could improve my writing or make it more interesting? let me know! i'm always open for criticism and/or tips.