020. full chapter

Apr. 7, 2016, 7:00 PM- Apr. 7, 2016, 7:00 PM
Alexia's time-Jeongguk's time

"I am too."

She pulled her hand away from his, laughing awkwardly. Smiling, she shook her bangs into her eyes, forming a curtain that blocked Jeongguk out of her vision. He pressed his lips together, trying as hard as he could to suppress a smile. How on earth can someone be so cute? He didn't disturb her, though, he simply looked away, indulging in his own thoughts.

"I have an idea," he whispered, poking her foot with his toe.

"What?" She asked, lifting her head, her arms looped around her knees.

Without any words and a mischievous smile on his face, he outstretched his hand to her's. She took it, smiling in excitement and a little bit of confusion. He tugged her along, grabbing his coat and her's off the counter where they had lazily left them after their exciting endeavor, the library. He pulled open the door and burst into the hallway, locking the door as hastily as he could.

They ran next to each other, hand in hand. His heart pounded in his ears and jolting shocks of adrenaline coursed through his veins. Lexie was pulling through, stumbling behind him clumsily. They passed the elevator, making Lexie even more quizzical. He came to a set of stairs, and began to climb them with ease.

"What are... you doing?" She asked, panting.

He smiled, looking up at the rows of stairs, "Do you think we'd make it to the roof floor?"

Lexie's eyes widened, "Dang, I don't know," she said, the stairs making her feel tired.

"Let's give it a shot," he said.

They set foot, scaling stair upon stair. Never once did Jeongguk release her hand, so she followed wearily behind. At some points, they both felt like turning back but they persisted, their shoes clomped on the stairs and echoed off the walls. The endless stairs showed no sign of stopping, until they finally wound a corner to a door. They paused in their step, winded.

The door was small, and it proudly displayed a sign that read: "Danger: Roof Floor". Jeongguk looked over at Lexie and grinned, squeezing her hand.

"Do you want to go up there?" Jeongguk asked.

"There's no way I'm going to go down those stairs right now, I'll tell you that." She countered, her cheeks flushed a dark rogue from the effort.

"Let's go, then," he said, creeping up the stairs to the door.

His fingers pushed the handle down, and the door creaked open. A gust of wind flooded the corridor, and he shivered even though he was wearing a jacket. Lexie followed close behind as he emerged out of the door. They went on the roof together, and he drew the door shut behind them.

It was a particularly windy night, so the wind whipped their hair. The air felt lighter, and the sky was more clear. The lights were even more dazzling from this perspective, and the gleaming moon seemed to be closer. They hugged each other, recieveing little warmth from each other, shaking at each breeze that whistled by. Their noses and cheeks were kissed red with both joy and frigidity.

"This is amazing!" Jeongguk exclaimed.

"It is!" Lexie shouted. After a moment of thinking she yelled, "What are we doing?"

"I don't know!" He laughed, jumping up and down excitedly.

He was feeling this moment, and he was completely overjoyed. Sparks sizzled in his blood and his heart raced. He cut their celebration and racaous laughter short by pressing his lips on to her's. It was a quick peck, nothing harmful, but the damage was done. Lexie stared at him in shock. Her heart was soaring on a pair of wings, and she couldn't get the feeling of his soft lips out of her mind.

"I'm sorry," Jeongguk said, the dainty rogue on his cheeks apparent even in the night.

He looked down, his fringe fell into his eyes, and he shifted his weight from foot to foot uncomfortably. Lexie twiddled with her fingers and pulled her coat past her hands. His pink lips became more attractive to her, but she swallowed her desire and shuffled closer to him. He looked up, his dark eyes shone brilliantly. She smiled reassuringly at him and grabbed his hands, that were large in comparison to her's that were slender and willowy.

He turned his hands to face upwards and she gave him a double high-five. He stared at her in confusion as she held her hands low, and he offered a weak double high-five in return. Their pattern built into more complex motions until they had created a handshake. She pulled away, covering her face and giggling, shaking her head back and forth.

"Why are we like this?" She asked.

Jeongguk grinned, shrugging. He pulled her close by her wrists and wrapped his arms around her neck. Her face pressed into his coat, and his lips rested on top of her head. Her heart thundered loudly in her chest, and boiling heat circulated her face.

They murmured quietly to each other, talking about things they saw and whatever was on their mind. They sang and slow-danced, their silhouettes jumped around the concrete on the roof, and the night grew still and quiet.