026. full chapter

Apr. 26, 2016, 1:30 PM -Apr. 26, 2016, 1:30 PM
Alexia's time-Jeongguk's time

"It's our last day. Our last chance to share the stage before we go our separate ways."

"I think I really dislike you."

"What? My references to High School Musical 3 are unappealing to you?"

"Yes."

"You're a cold-hearted man, Jeon Jeongguk."

Lexie and Jeongguk shared a moment of silence, trying their best to prevent it from becoming melancholic. Jeongguk would be leaving as of tomorrow. They spent the past couple days completing tasks on Lexie's list, whilst talking about theories that the fans had come up with, who had (not surprisingly) found out about his trip. They both put him leaving at the back of their brains, but had to start accepting it.

Jeongguk packed his bags in front of her. She sat cross-legged, hiding one of his shirts behind her back. It was ripped and stained in several places, and washing it seemed to decrease its quality instead of improving it. Jeongguk had his head tilted towards his clothes, and was oblivious to the fact Lexie had one of his shirts. That was until he finished folding his shirts and pants, and surveyed them with a thoughtful expression.

"Hey, have you seen. . ." He began, but stopped after turning to Lexie. "May I have my shirt back?"

"W-what shirt?" Lexie stuttered, her attempt to be nonchalant failing miserably.

"The shirt that is behind your back," Jeongguk dead-panned. "You cannot lie to me."

"I don't. . ." Lexie began, it's a really dirty shirt!" Lexie exclaimed, standing up slowly as Jeongguk inched forward.

"Yeah, but it's my really dirty shirt, so you should give it back now." He reasoned, walking even closer to Lexie.

She yelped and scrambled away with the shirt clamped in a fist. Jeongguk charged after her, a smile stretching across his face. He lunged forward and wrapped his arms around her waist, and she shrieked again. He lifted her off the ground and she began to kick furiously. With the shirt still in hand, she wormed out of his grip and jumped on top of his temporary bed. She looked over her shoulder and stood in an anxious stance.

Jeongguk began shaking with laughter, "You look like the SpongeBob meme!" He cackled.

Lexie looked at her pose and laughed at herself. She let her defense down, and Jeongguk took the opportunity to push her on her back. She fell on her back with a light thud, and Jeongguk fell on top of her, arms on either side of her body. He gently lowered himself and pressed rough kiss on her lips. Lexie kissed back, completely forgetting that moments ago, they were warring over a shirt. That was until he broke contact.

"Got you." He whispered, waving the shirt in front of her face.

"Hey!" She cried. Jeongguk climbed off of her and laughed heartily over her protests.

"I got you good!" He sang. "Why'd you even take this?"

She was quiet for a moment, "I wanted to remember you somehow. I figured you wouldn't miss it." She admitted, blushing.

Jeongguk dropped the other shirt on the ground and tossed one of his clean shirts at her, "If you held on to the other one, you'd remember that I'm a slob! I don't want that."

"Thank you." She said, holding the soft cloth in her hands.

"You're welcome." He answered.

He began to place his clothes inside his suitcase, Lexie plopped beside him and helped quietly. His phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out. It was Taehyung.

TAEHYUNG: we can't wait for you to get back home! we've been covering for you, so it's been pretty exhausting. hope you've had fun with lexie.

Jeongguk smiled and tucked his phone in his pocket. As much fun as he had had here, he couldn't help but be excited to go back home. He'd miss Lexie dearly. He gave her a small side-hug and pressed his lips against her temple. She smiled at his affectionate contact.

"I'm going to miss you." She stated.

"I'm going to miss you too, cutie." Jeongguk said, trying out the nickname he'd always wanted to call his beloved.

Lexie, knowing this, let a small giggle escape her lips. She rested her head on his shoulder, "Take care of yourself when you go home, okay?" She asked.

Jeongguk nodded, and continued to tuck away his shirts and pants in his bag, feeling antsy under her gaze. He wished she could curl up and fit herself inside his suitcase. . . or just come with him, but he knew that that was foolish. She had things to do and so did he, they would have to part separate ways for the good of each other.

When he went home, he remembered this moment as clearly as the other ones. Her head was on his shoulder, droopy eyelids slowly closing, and he sat there, folding. It would hang suspended in his brain along with the feeling of her lips against his. He'd remember her as the ethereal, lively girl he adored.

For now, he sat blissfully, peering over and watching her struggle to keep her eyes open. He drank in her features in all their sublimeness, and tried to remember the last time he'd felt so overwhelmingly happy. All of the dimensions of her personality he got to know blended so well with each of his. She was the apple of his eye, his dream, his sunshine,

She was his Alexia, the girl that was so far, but so close. The reason he loved.

end

xxx

so, yes this is the end. i may add an epilogue or a bonus chapter.

i'm sorry if this was the single most horrible/abrupt thing you ever read, i honestly don't know how to end this story, but i needed to quickly before it got boring for you, or it got boring for me.

anyway, thank you so much to everyone that read, voted, and commented on this story. i know that it is very amateur and unrealistic, but it has helped me grow as a writer. alexia is truly a milestone for me, and i hope you will continue to read the stories that i post in the near future!

i love you all so much, and please never feel afraid to private message me.

thanks again.

07/16/16