025. full chapter

Apr. 25, 2016, 10:30 AM-Apr. 25, 2016, 10:30 AM
Alexia's time-Jeongguk's time

As it does in Minnesota, a small snowstorm blew in in the middle of the night, leaving a wondrous sight to behold in the morning. Jeongguk was the first to see it, waking from the best slumber he'd ever had on this trip.
Lexie was beside him, and his arm was draped over her waist.

He smiled and kissed her cheek gently, then slowly got up. He sat cross-legged on the couch, staring out the window in childlike fascination. Before him was thick blankets of white that covered every inch of the vast backyard. It climbed up the bark of trees and hung on the leaves. It was stunning.

He crawled back over to Lexie and poked her cheeks feverishly, "Hey!" He whispered harshly.

She furrowed her eyebrows angrily and opened one eye to stare at Jungkook's excited face, "What?" She grunted.

"It snowed!" He exclaimed.

"It's Minnesota, Jeongguk, it snows in October." She replied gruffly, closing her eyes again and turning on her side.

"But it's beautiful." Jeongguk insisted, grabbing her shoulder and shaking her.

Lexie made a noise that resembled "uwah" and slowly got up, looking towards Jeongguk with bleary eyes. She sighed at the sight of his expectant expression, thinking of how undeniably adorable he was, and this sent her heart fluttering. She ruffled his already disheveled hair, causing his face to go to hellfire. She got up from the couch and shuffled across the sleek, wooden floors to a closet. With a gentle motion, she pulled open the door, standing a ways back.

Shortly after the door was opened, snow clothes began spilling out of the closet. She let out a defeated cry and tried to wedge the clothes back inside, but soon gave up. She rested on her knees and began yanking clothes that she predicted would fit Jeongguk. While she was thinking if his broad shoulders could fit in her father's old snow jacket, Jeongguk padded over to her. He kneeled next to her in polite silence, watching carefully.

"Put these on." Lexie stated, handing him gloves, a hat, boots, and a thick jacket.

Jeongguk stared in bewilderment, "Do you really need that many layers?" He inquired, picking up the soft material in his hands.

"Yes, as soon as you step in that snow, you will sink in it," she explained, pulling on her own clothes. "And the winds are cold."

True to her word, as soon as Jeongguk placed his foot on top of the fine, powdery snow, his foot seemed to be swallowed by it. He took another uncertain step, only causing more of his leg to sink. Lexie walked next to him, trudging through the snow with comfortable precision. She slung the rope of a sled she was holding over her shoulder, and stared at Jeongguk fondly as he walked through the snow like an uncertain toddler.

She grabbed his hand and tugged on it lightly, and he began to walk at a more even pace. She led him through a small woods and up a winding trail. The icy leaves and the spindly branches cleared, and he could see a large slope. Lexie's face lit up with childish glee.

"I sled here all the time!" She exclaimed, tugging him more aggressively. "Especially when I was younger."

Jeongguk followed behind quietly, concentrating on his feet that soon felt the incline of the slope. Despite his tiredness, he refused to stop, and even if he tried, Lexie would have resisted that just by her incessant tugging. Finally, once they were at the top, he could see that Lexie had made a trail with her sled for it to follow. She placed the sled on the ground with a heavy thud and plopped inside it.