The Black Butterfly

~~Marco~~
Two hours had passed since out arrival. Star had checked us into the room and had set about unpacking our bags.
"What's up Marco my man?!" She grinned, throwing herself across my bed.
"Nothing!" I feigned a smile.
"Okay!"
A few moments of awkward silence passed before either of us spoke again.
"Hey Marco? I'm just gonna hop in the shower of that's okay?"
"Huh? What? Yeah, sure...go do that..." I looked away.
Star snaked off towards the bathroom and all I heard was the gentle click as the door shut and locked.
I noticed that Star was acting weird. Well, weirder than normal at least. The last time I recall her acting this way was when she was crushing on Oscar.
Oscar...everything that I wasn't. Perfect for Star. I sighed.
"I wish you would just see that...I like you..." I whispered.
A wave of sadness washed over me. I wanted to cry.
In my bag, I saw a black karate belt half hanging out. Maybe Star would notice me if I saved her. After all, she was always saving me!
I still felt depressed though. I simply kept the belt on my lap.
It was eireely silent.
I was alerted to the window by a faint flitting sound. A butterfly, unlike any I'd ever seen before, was batting it's iridescent black and violet wings against the glass. I couldn't just leave it there, I thought.
With a heave, the window swung open and I tried to shoo the butterfly away, but instead it flew inside.
It flew into my belt and I was suddenly swarmed with crazy angered and depressed thoughts.

"Karate Master, I am Hawkmoth. I can give you the power to impress the girl you love and become noticed as the most powerful hero in the whole of Paris, but in return, I want Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous...do we have deal?"
I smiled. My mind was overwhelmed with the urge for power and to impress Star. Every earlier memory faded into a blur.
"My pleasure, Hawkmoth."
I leapt out the open window.
I am not Marco Diaz.
I am Karate Master.
Prepare for a fight Ladybug and Cat Noir, there's a new hero on the block.