Contact

(In which we finally catch up with Stan and Ford, Stan makes an arrangement  and Mabel reestablishes contact with her uncles whilst Marco picks a fight with a seagull.)

~~Stan~~
"It just doesn't work that way Stanley! We've been here for at least two hours now and I can't reach the twins! I can't just teleport them here." My twin brother stated loudly. Signs of stress were starting to show on Ford's face.
After a rather odd day, we'd finally arrived at our accommodation where Dipper and Mabel were supposed to meet us. Were they here? No. Of course not. We'd tried ringing them but heard nothing - both had their phones switched off. We'd contacted by the police who were as useful as a bag with a hole in the bottom. Ford had suggested that they may have gone to a hotel on the other side of the River Seine and suggested that we wait. He seemed almost adamant that Dipper was going to find us. It had been two hours since he'd said that and I'd had enough.

"Listen here poindexter, I know you want to wait but I'm sick of it! I'm going to go out and find those kids - come if you want or just wait here like the sorry sack of uselessness you are." My tone was abrasive like sandpaper.

"Stanley, I know this is stressful but you need to have faith in the twins. They've been to hell and back and still managed to make it home in one piece." Ford kept his response quick and to the point.

I felt anger build up inside of me. How could he be so thoughtless? They may be teenagers but they're still only kids in the eyes of the law and to me as well. I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to them. We continued to argue, our voices growing louder by the second.

"Excusez-moi? Excusez-moi gentlemen?" A small but gentle voice called out to break our quarrel. Her English was severely broken.

"What?!" I shouted at the young receptionist who quivered in her seat.

"Zere is a phone call for a Stanley Pines?" She offered me the receiver, "She say her name was Mavis? Maribelle?"

"Mabel?" Ford asked by chance.

"Oui! Oui! Mabel! Zat is what she say!"
I snatched the phone up in anticipation, "Mabel? Sweetie?"

"Grunkle Stan!" I immediately recognised the chipper little voice that answered me.

"Where are you and Dipper?" Ford beat me to asking the question.

"I'm on the street - what street? Hey Marco, where are we exactly?" She called off. A weird mumble came from a male voice away from the phone. She finally answered moments later, "Apparently we're on St. Valentine's Walk."

"Who's Marco?" I asked her, "Where's your brother?"

"Marco is one of my new friends. I've met a whole bunch of new people and Dipper is..." She trailed off nervously, "Dipper passed out, he's currently in the care of Marinette who is a friend of ours. Marco! You can't fight a seagull! It'll soooo beat you!"

"Right...can we find you?" Ford asked, "Or will you two come here - is Dipper okay?"

"I'm sure he's fine. It's probably best that we meet you tomorrow or you guys can come to us at Marinette's bakery. If my phone works then I'll send you directions." She said quietly.

"Okay...well we'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah okay. See you tomorrow. Love you guys, bye!" She hung up abruptly.

"See you later sweetie..."

I handed the receiver back to the receptionist.

"Ah, merci sir."

Those two. They were off again getting themselves in trouble, no doubt.