Traitors Tell No Tales

~~Marinette~~
"N-no..." Mabel's soft voice cracked with distress. Her bright chestnut eyes were now wide to emulate the horror on the rest of her face and in her tone. She quivered like a wet leaf in autumn rain, her small body frozen at the base of the stairs.

I desperately wanted to tell her everything but truthfully, even I didn't know how this had happened. How were we related? Mom and dad had a hell of a lot of explaining to do when they eventually returned from their trip. But for now, I suppose I couldn't hide this from the shockstricken teen any longer.

Adrien took my hand - my pulse began to race crazily and I could feel my brain having another meltdown on top of the one already taking place - squeezing it softly to provide reassurance.

"Mabel..."

"You're kidding, right? Tell me you're kidding! Tell me you're kidding!!" She launched herself at me, a mess of tears and hysteria.

I evaded her feeble attempt at a punch, "Mabel," I repeated with a stern voice, "It's okay. I'm so so sorry you had to discover it like this..."

"Okay?! Why would it be okay?! You lied to me - to all of us! So did Dipper! But I'll get to him later. In the meantime, why should I even trust a word that comes out of your freaking mouth?" Pines retaliated, her upset giving in to anger almost instantly.

"I-I can explain! Well...I can and I can't...I don't really understand what's happening myself...all I know is my parents have a ton of stuff to tell me!" I offered pathetically as a response. I was surprised at Adrien choosing to keep quiet.

"Well get talking!" She demanded with a feisty growl.

"Fine. We found out after the blood tests. Dr. Gaviér called me in to show me and Dipper was eavesdropping, heard the whole conversation. I was just as shocked as you were. I've always been an only child...to my knowledge." I explained to the best of my current ability.

Mabel sniffled and glared at me, "I want an explanation! This explains nothing, you traitorous brother stealer! I hate you!"

I blinked twice but tried to remain calm. I would resolve this somehow - I had to. Not only for my sakes, but for Dipper and the others as well. It burnt me to see Mabel destroyed in this way.

Pines suddenly forced her way past myself and Adrien, running through the glass doors to the bakery. The service bell gave a saddened ding in her wake.

I just hoped she would be alright out there alone.