Chapter 15 · Stuck in the Midnight

Here's another update. ♥

Please follow me :')

ALYSSA I HATE YOU

---

· 15 ·

{ m i k a }

"So I'm stuck with you? AGAIN?" I sighed. I can't believe this is happening. I'm stuck with Harry Styles. Oh, this is so awkward.

"Obviously." he replied. How long is this gonna be? Why does this keeps happening and destiny keeps pulling us together? Oh God.

Then silence was all around the car. All you can hear is the rain pouring outside, I look outside the window seeing the stars lighting the sky. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. There's this different feeling everytime I'm with Harry. Just by doing simple things, he can make my heart beat faster. I've never felt this way before. Before, all I feel about him is annoyance and hate. But now, everything changed.

Why am I feeling this everytime I'm with Harry?

"Mika..." I hear Harry call my name. I can feel my heart flutter by the way he mentions my name. This is so different.

"What?" I asked, trying to be casual, acting like nothing's happening, acting as if everything's fine, acting as if we're friends, even if it's all not.

"It's weird how we always end up together even though we hate each other. We've been stucked together two in a row and we even need to act like we're together."

"I know right. It's like destiny hates me, it always wants me to be with a pig."

"Well, I don't want to be stucked with a witch." he sticked his tongue out. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, anything." I nodded then he took a deep breath.

"Do you believe that I like you?" he breathes out. Why is does he keeps asking these questions everytime we're alone? This is killing me. Why did I even let him ask this? It's just a choice between, yes or no but it's still hard to answer.

"I-I don't know." It's true. I don't know whether to believe him or not. He lied to me so many times. I don't even know if he's telling the truth or not. I don't even know him.

"Just say, yes or no." he says seriously. I don't know what to tell him. My mind is full of confusion. Why does he keeps messing up with my mind?

"No. You always lie to me." I admitted. He always lie to me, how could I even trust him?

"You don't trust me?"

"No, I don't. Why will I trust you?." I told him, a little bit harsh. There was something in his eyes that told me he's hurt but I know he's just trying to fool me. He always do.

"I don't know." he took his eyes off me, avoiding eye contact. Silence. Again. I face away from him then I glance back. Is he... crying?

"Harry?" I call. He wiped his face and turn to face me. His eyes are red. Confirmed, he is crying, but why?

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"No, I didn't." he lied. Obviously, he's not good at it.

"You expect me to trust you when all you do is lie to me everytime?! Harry, just tell me." My voice is shaking, almost pleading him to tell him what's happening.

"I don't know. Believe it or not... Before, I hate you to be honest but when he had to pretend to be together, I get to know you. You were that girl who is fun to be with. I love the way you react when I try to annoy you. I love the way you laugh at corny jokes. I love the way you act like a 5-year-old kid. I love the way you look when you sleep. I love the way you mention my name. I love how you call me stupid pet names. I love eveything about you, it's I don't know but I think...I love you." He says quickly. Is he even breathing? And what? He watches me sleep? Is he crazy?! Oh wait, what did he just say? Is this real? Or I'm just dreaming? He l-loves m-me?

"W-What?" I stuttered. This can't be happening.

"I love you, Mika." he told me, more clearly. I don't know what to do, what to say or what to think. This is so... messed up.

I opened the car door and ran away. This is so me. I'm weak and afraid. Too afraid to face the truth. I won't bother looking back, call me anything but things are bothering me. How can you fall in love with your enemy? With the girl you hate the most? How can he fall in love with me when all we do each day is fight and annoy each other? Maybe he's just pranking me. That's all. It's all a prank. But what if...

***

Harry's POV

She ran away.

She didn't left any word and just ran away.

Why would she believe me? She's not even my friend. The only thing we do is fight all day. I hate her and she hates me. How did I even end up loving her? I have no idea, But the thing is, I already fell and I'm afraid that she won't catch me. I'm afraid that she won't love me back. I'm afraid that I would end up on the floor, broken and hurt.

In all of the girls living in this world, why her? There's much more beautiful girls than her. There's so many girls that is smarter, prettier, and can love me more than what she can but why? I just love the way she looks, the way her brown hair cascade on her back, the ways she looks in a dress or even if not, she still looks beautiful and can make my heart beat faster. The way her laugh sends shiver to my spine, the way she looks when she's sleeping, the way she react when I try to annoy her, the way she takes care of me when I'm sick, the way she looks nervous when I ask her question, I just love it all. When I first met her, I never thought I'd feel like this towards her.

I get out and try to ran after her, it was still raining which makes me wet. She was still running and she just won't stop. But I won't get tired running after her, I'll keep chasing her. Even if I ended up broken.

"Stop Mika! Please!" I begged. Then I grabbed her arm, facing her towards me, and hugging her towards my chest. "Please, please don't leave me alone."

'I-I don't know Harry..." she told me. But I'm glad she didn't try to push me away.

"P-Please, just give me time. I'll prove you that I love you. Please just don't leave me alone. Please." I begged. My voice is shaking. I've never loved someone like this before.

"Harry..." she breathes. "Please.. I don't wanna be hurt.. Stop telling me these stupid things. I don't wanna be hurt, expecting that you love me back."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I...We fight everyday, we annoy each other, it's like we're trying to ruin each other's life. But one day, I woke up and there's something different that I felt, and I don't know. Everytime I see you with other girls, there's this feeling that I've never felt before. Everytime I'm with you, it's like... I don't know Harry but I lo-" But I cut her off and kissed her. At first, she didn't do anything but later on she kissed backed, I didn't thought this is gonna happen. Ever, in my life.

After we pulled back, I smiled at her and asked, "Do you wanna know what I wished in the fountain this afternoon?"

"What is it?" she asked, with a smile plastered on her pretty face.

"I wished that this would happen." I smiled, hoping that this night wouldn't end.

---

What do you think? :') Please follow me! And vote. :')

I'd really appreciate it.

Thank You! :D