Chapter 34 · Fixing Things

The info for the character audition is at the end, go read it. Thank you. Lala ♥

· 34 ·

{ m i k a }

"Ashton I --" He didn't cut me off. I stopped myself from saying something more. He knew this wouldn't work out. We both knew this wouldn't work out.

His eyes were fixed on mine as he let a sigh leave his lips. It wasn't my intention to hurt him, but I don't want to keep him hanging. I'm just really stupid to even accept his date. I know he likes me, I just keep telling myself that he's just being friendly when obviously I was just denying myself.

"I get it, Mika. You still love him." He managed to curve his lips into a smile, his white teeth into a full show. He ran his fingers into his luscious curls and look at me again. "It's really stupid of me thinking you'd get over him and maybe, consider me? But of course you still love him."

"No, I don't! I - yeah, I love him but-" I don't even get what I was saying, it seems like words just slipped out of my mouth before I could even process what I'm saying. "He just fall out of love after I left him, you know?"

"I don't think so Mika, he's still a jealous kid even when you're not together or dating." He huffs. "He even pushed me to the pool!"

"Oh that?" I giggled as I remember, Ashton sending me a glare. "I'm sorry! I just don't get why he had to push you into the pool!"

"He's jealous, Mika! How many times do I have to tell you?" He groaned, frustration surfacing his features. "I even caught him a few times staring at you."

"Ashton, this isn't high school. He have Amanda and Amanda have him and me... I'm single and that's fine by me." I let out a sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair. "I'm sorry for keeping you hanging. I thought this would work out but turns out I'm wrong."

His lips curved into a smile as his eyes meet mine before speaking, "Just don’t give up on him, not yet."

Before I could even reply to his statement, he stood up from his seat as he takes my hand, "C'mon. I don't want Niall to beat me up."

We started walking back to our rooms but Ashton have to drop me off at mine first. He had this wide smile on his face the whole time and it just confused me since I practically put him off tonight.

"Are you available on the other day? I mean, we could hang out." He asked, his voice was wavering a bit and somehow it seems like he's nervous.

"As friends of course." He quickly added. I nodded with a yes. Then he lean it, pressing his lips on my right cheek and hopefully the darkness hid my red face. I don't like him that way but he's a guy and an attractive one. "See you, Mika! I'll text you."

Well, let's consider that a night.

-

You could hear his laugh wavering throughout the whole room, okay, maybe I was exaggerating since we're at the mall but his laugh was loud and... Wonderful. It's such a wonderful sound that I want to hear it all day. Whoever he ends up with will be really lucky, he's such a nice guy. It really feels nice that he liked me or something like that but I don't want to keep him hanging by saying yes to him. 'Cause what if I met the right one when I was with him? I don't want to break and leave him. He's way too precious for that. Patience. That's what I needed.

"Stop it, Ashton! I knew it's funny but stop teasing me about it! I trust you and don't tell anyone, please." My palms were pressed together as I beg him, I've never told anyone that but Ashton. "Promise?"

"I promise that I won't tell that Mika--" I quickly clamped my hand over his mouth, I have to tiptoe due to our height difference.

"Ssh! Stop repeating it!" I scolded and Ashton licked my palm with his tongue so I was force to remove it from his mouth. "Eww! Ashton, you're so disgusting!"