Chapter 8.

Two weeks passed after we turned in the journal to the police. The writing isn't crucial evidence to find Hayden, but it's important. It doesn't change the fact that Hayden got kidnapped. The only thing that changes here is that he got kidnapped by a stranger. Lucas is a stranger no matter what, but before we all thought he was his dad.

Day and night I wonder who could the father be. I try to think back about moments I had with Grace. I try to think if she ever slipped, even a tiny slip about who this other guy could be.

~*~

PAST

Grace was in my room, using the mirror I had in here to get ready. She claimed to be going on a date with Lucas, but I didn't really believe her. Whenever she talks about going out with Lucas, it's never on a date. It's always a party, or a we're just going to hang out.

"So how come Lucas is taking you on a date all of a sudden?" I questioned her.

Grace turned to look at me. Her hair was curled, her make up was done, and she wore a red dress.

"What do you mean all of a sudden? He always takes me on dates," she said.

I shook my head at her. "Never dates, you've complained to me that it's never dates. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that he's taking you out, I'm just saying it's very out of nowhere. Also, you're ditching me, and so is Isiah."

"Really? What's Isiah up to tonight? You two usually hang out every weekend?" Grace questioned.

"Exactly, we hang out. Just because two people hang out don't make it dates. You and Lucas always hang out, and it's never a date. Anyways, he said he's going with his Mom somewhere and won't be home." I shrugged, not sure exactly on what he was up to tonight.

"Okay, but point is I'm going on a date tonight," she said as she turned back to the mirror. Grace fluffed up her a bit more, before she turned back to look at me. "I have to go, before the wicked monster comes home. Since you're not leaving the house just stay in your room , if anything happens please don't hesitate to call me."

Grace walked over to me, she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.

"I will, I'll be careful in this house after all we're use to living in hell right?" I asked her.

Grace forced a smile on her lips, but she nodded. She wasn't happy with my use of words, but they were all true.

~*~

PRESENT

I think that was the only time I was suspicious about Grace.

~*~

"Aaliyah, wake up." I heard Eric calling my name.

I opened my eyes, and he was hovering over me.

"What time is it?" I questioned him.

"Almost five in the morning. I wanted to ask you if you can cover my shift today? Adam's opening the shop today."

I slowly partly got up, to get a better look at him. Eric was fully awake, and he seemed ready for work.

"Sure, but why?" I questioned him.

"My Dad called me, he wants to speak to me about some other shop. I don't have the full details about what or any of that yet," he explained.