Chapter 12.

Once we got to the hospital, Eric and I made our way to the third floor. The third floor was the maternal ER, well that's the way I saw it. They had four different rooms to see if women were actually in labor. Last time I was here they sent me home, but I was able to hear them moving other women to different rooms. This time it should be my turn to get into the actual labor rooms, since my water broke. Unless, they still decide to send me home since that happens sometimes.

The hospital wasn't hectic like they show in the movies. I was able to walk in on my own, and they didn't give me a wheel chair either. We checked in in the front, and we even had to wait a minute or two before they took us into a room.

"Aaliyah, I can bring you back," one of the nurses called out.

Both Eric and I stood up, and followed her to the room. My stomach was cramping up, and I could feel the contractions getting closer and closer to one another.

"If you could just fully undress, and put on this gown on for us please. I'll be right back after you're done," the nurse said.

She handed me a gown, and she left right after. Eric took a seat in the chair next to the bed, and as I undressed I handed him my clothes. I put on the gown, and laid down on the bed.

The same nurse came back, she had brought a few things with her. She started hooking me up to a monitor. She placed two circles on my belly, one on either side. Once was pink, and the other blue.

"We're just going to monitor your contractions for a while, I'm going to check how dilated you are," she said.

I hated this part. They stick their fingers as far up as they go, it's very uncomfortable. It's not painful, just uncomfortable.

"Wow, looks like you're already four centimeters," the nurse as she checked.

Once she was done checking, she removed her gloves and updated the computer.

"I'll be back in a little bit, we're going to move you to a different room soon," the nurse reassured us. She walked out, and closed the curtains behind her.

"Want me to call Isiah and Charlotte about this?" Eric asked me.

"Yeah, let them know Grace is going to be born. Also, call your Mom. I think she would want to know as well," I said to him.

Eric pulled out his phone and started dialing. I looked over at the monitor keeping track of my contractions. I could see the small needle spiking up, as my contractions worsen. I knew contractions were painful, at least from what I've heard. I never expected it to be this bad, but I still feel like I can handle the pain. I don't want any epidural, or medicine to help with the pain. I know I can handle the pain.

"Alright man, I'll let Aaliyah know. I'll see you soon, bye." Eric hung up the phone.

"What did he say?" I questioned him.

"Him and Charlotte will come to the hospital as soon as they can," Eric answered. "How are you feeling?"

"Other than being in labor, I'm oaky. I'm excited to meet Grace," I said with a small smile. I could feel a contraction already starting to happen.

"I am too," Eric answered.

~*~

The nurse moved us to a different room, as she said they would. This time, they did get me a wheel chair. Eric carried all my things with him, as he followed the nurse pushing my wheel chair to the room. I wasn't sure what I was expecting the room to look like, but I was happy to see that it was just a room for me. I've heard of stories that women sometimes have to share a room with others, but I was happy to see that wasn't the case for me. I'm not shallow or anything, but I just really wanted my full privacy with this pregnancy, especially since it's my first.