Chapter 23.

A week has passed since they found Hayden. I haven't been to work since, I practically live in the hospital now. Hayden has woken up, and it took him a few days to get use to seeing me around. Isiah has barely left the hospital as well, he's usually the one who sticks around with me. As much as Eric wants to be here with me, he tries his hardest to be here as much as he can. He does have a business he needs to take care of, and we have a daughter who still needs us.

For the first four days, it was Eric and Isiah both who stayed with me in the hospital. I was the one who stayed alone at night with Hayden, since they only allowed one person to stay. As soon as visiting hours started, both men would meet me in the room. That was for the first four days though. Although Eric wanted to stay with me, we both decided he should be with Grace as well. He still comes around for a few hours, every single say, but he can't stay for as long as he use to. 

When Eric ins't with Grace, he's here. He usually takes Grace to Java Beans, and watches here there as he tries to work. Since Eric, Isiah, and myself suddenly couldn't show up to work it's been hard. Eric had to ask David and Paris to cover for us, even though it also interfered with their schedule. It's been hard on Eric, but everyone understood why we couldn't be there for work. Hopefully once Hayden's better, we can take him home.

Isiah and I still haven't really talked about what we're going to do. He told the detective he wanted custody, but after we saw Hayden here he told me he wouldn't take him away from me. I believe Isiah, but I felt like we still needed to talk about it. I know he wants to be a part of Hayden's life, and as his Dad I wasn't sure how involved he wanted to be. Honestly, if he tells me that he no longer wants custody and that Hayden is mine, I'll be fine with that. I'll try to forget that he's actually his biological father. I also wouldn't as him for any child support, or any money for Hayden. I'll honestly be fine with that, as long as I can take my son home.

Hayden looked better, than when he first came in. He was still under weight, and he still had the same health issues, but they were slowly improving. I was able to notice that he slowly had more energy, and he would try to move around more as well. I still remember when he first woke up, he was terrified. He did't know what the wires on him were, and he wouldn't stop crying. It was to the point where neither one of us could touch him, he was a really scared boy. Now, he was much better. He knew who we all were, but he still didn't seem happy. He was still pain, and I was able to share that pain with him. It hurt seeing him like that, but I knew he was getting better. Once he's fully recovered, I know we'll be able to take him home. I couldn't wait for that day to come.

Isiah and I were sitting next to each other, next to Hayden's bed. The space was a little small, but we both insisted on being next to him. I was next to Hayden's head, while Isiah was at the foot of he bed. I ran my hand through his hair, and flinched a bit. He didn't wake up from his nap, but he just reposition himself.

"Have you talked to Charlotte?" I asked Isiah.

After Charlotte walked on him, I hadn't heard form her. I tried to call her, to ask if she was doing okay, but there was usually not an answer. Right now, according to Eric she still goes to work. Probably because she knows she won't bump into Isiah, but I was really hoping he would give me good news about her. Isiah and Charlotte were good for one another. I always saw the love they had for one another, and they shouldn't let this get in the way of that. If I were Charlotte I would be pissed, so I know where she's coming from. I just hoped she would learn to forgive Isiah, just how I did.

"Yeah, we're in speaking terms right now after a lot of begging," Isiah said. He chuckled, but I knew he didn't find this funny.

"I'm really sorry, I should of known to not say anything when she was around," I apologized. Isiah shook his head, as if telling me I was wrong.