Chapter 22.

After Eric and I dropped off Grace, we went straight to the hospital. The only reason we didn't want to take Grace, it's because it's a hospital. There are so many sick people there, and she's still pretty small. I was scared she would get sick from the germs there. We already have Hayden who seems to be in bad shape, I wouldn't want Grace be sick too. Besides, I think Hayden is going to need our undivided attention as well.

I was still very upset with Isiah, and if he was trying to take Hayden away from me now I would be even more upset. Knowing Isiah I don't think he'd do that to me, but now I'm not too sure. I wanted to everything to the side for today. I didn't want to be arguing, when Hayden is in such a bad shape. I just wanted to get there, and see Hayden. At least Isiah is there with him. At least someone is there with him right now.

Eric pulled up to the hospital, and that's when I realized I didn't even know where to go. I know Isiah and I are in a rough patch right now, but I know who wouldn't ignore me right now. I should just call him, and ask where Hayden's room is. He must know by now where Hayden is. Eric and I got out of the car, but I already had my phone out ready to call Isiah.

"I'm going to call Isiah, he can tell us where the room is," I said to Eric.

Before Eric could tell me anything else, I pressed the phone to my ear. I heard as it rang, but almost immediately Isiah answered his phone.

"Hey, what room is Hayden in?" I asked him.

Eric and I had started walking towards the hospital. We weren't sure what room Hayden was in still, but we can at least find an elevator while Isiah tells us.

"He's in 164-B, it's on the second floor," Isiah answered. I turned to look at Eric.

"He's on the second floor," I said to him. That's all we needed to know right now, to at least get to the right floor.

"Do you want me to go get you?" Isiah offered.

"No, just stay with him, please," I requested.

"Alright, I'll see you in a little bit," Isiah said.

I was nervous to see Hayden, I was scared to see him. I was scared to see how the wicked step monster had left him. I still couldn't believe she's the one who had him, this whole time she's the one who was taking care of him. I had to live with her, so I know how bad that must of been. I'm just glad someone actually called help for Hayden, because if not he would of been in a worse shape.

Instead of struggling to find Hayden's room, we asked one of the nurses we saw on the second floor. They quickly guided us to his room, and once we were in front of the door she left. Slowly, I opened the door. There was a curtain in the way, so we couldn't see Hayden or Isiah immediately. I slowly walked into the room, with every step I took I tried to prepare myself. I wasn't ready to see Hayden in the hospital bed.

Isiah came into sight first, and just by looking at him I could tell he had been crying. He didn't tell us anything, he just looked down at his feet and stood up from the chair next to Hayden. He turned his back to us, and looked outside the window that was in the room. It's like he was trying to give us some privacy with Hayden.

As soon as I saw Hayden, my heart broke. I broke out in tears, and I was able to feel my knees give out from under. I could feel my body slowly sliding down to the floor. I felt Eric's grip on my upper arm. He was trying to hold me up, from fully hitting the floor. I tried to get up, so all my weight wouldn't be on him. It was harder than I thought, it's like my legs were noodles. I just couldn't believe how Hayden looked. It broke my heart.

He had all these different wires all around him. He was on an oxygen machine, and it looked like he had two IV's, one on each arm. It looked like he was sleeping, which was good. I couldn't imagine how much pain he would be in, if he was awake. He looked so tiny, he didn't look like he was a year old. I feel like I was able to see the bones on his face, and his arms were so skinny. I wonder when the last he had a proper meal was. Obviously, that monster couldn't even take care of a child. An innocent child, she couldn't even care for him.