Chapter 24.

It took a few days, but Hayden was finally able to come home with us. He looked a lot better than when he first came in, he was actually smiling here and there with us. I would hold him, kiss him, and it really showed that he was missing love in his life. At first he was kind of hesitant, like he didn't know if he would be able to trust us. It didn't take him long to realize we weren't a threat. He loved being held by the three of us, and we knew he would be a happy boy once we got home.

Charlotte came to visit Hayden before he went home. She apologized for not coming sooner, but she was dealing with Isiah and her relationship. She made it clear that she wasn't sure if we would still be friends, since her and Isiah weren't on good basis. I made sure she knew we would be friends, we would always be good friends no matter what. I'm happy she forgave Isiah, just how we all did.

I think back to when I was being serious about canceling Isiah out of my life. What was I thinking? Just because a family member does something, or lies about something, you shouldn't just cancel them out. Especially, when you two have been through everything together. This whole Hayden situation did bring out a lot of hidden secrets, but those didn't matter anymore. Right now what matters is Hayden, and the fact he was able to come home.

"This is your house, Hayden," I said as I walked in through the door with him.

I carried him through the door, while Eric held Grace in her car seat. They still haven't fully met, just the few glanced Hayden had given his sister. I was excited for Grace to be awake, and for both of them to be playing on the floor. I couldn't wait to see that sight, and take pictures of it as well. I set Hayden down on the floor, and he slowly started to take a few steps. He's gotten a lot of his strength back from when he was at the hospital. Slowly, he's been able to get up and walk. Even if it's just a little bit, he's still able to do it.

Eric's phone started to ring, before he pulled it out of his pocket he set Grace down on the floor. I heard my little girl made a few noises, so I walked over to her. She was awake, and she was kicking probably wanting to get out. I pulled her car seat over to the couch and took a seat. Almost immediately Hayden made his way to us. He was partly walking, but mostly crawling.

"Hey, what's up?" I heard as Eric answered the phone. He had set the phone on speaker, so I was able to hear the moving around from the other line.

"Hey, it's Adam. I was calling to tell you, I'm... um... sorry I didn't go see Hayden. I guess I just wasn't sure if it was... appropriate for me to go to the hospital? I wasn't too sure where out... brotherly... relationship was at."

Adam was on the other line. I smiled as I heard him struggling with his words, he wasn't even sure how to talk to Eric. We haven't had much of a chance to be around with Adam, ever since they found they were siblings. Eric also hadn't had a chance to meet his biological parents, since Hayden was found soon after.

"Yeah, no it's fine. Don't worry about it, it's fine," Eric said. He also seemed at a lost for words.

Adam had called me a few times since he found out about Hayden, he wasn't too awkward with me. I was friends with Adam, before this whole Eric thing happened. Out friendship is still pretty much the same, but neither boy knew how to act around one another.

"Give me the phone," I told Eric. Without hesitation, Eric handed me the phone. He didn't know what else to say to Adam.

"Hey, Adam, it's Aaliyah," I said to him.

"Hey, how's it going? I was just telling Eric I feel bad not going to see Hayden, I just wan't sure if it was appropriate for me to go or not," Adam said a bit nervous.

"It's fine, but if you want to see him we're all home. You can even maybe bring your parents, they can meet their grandchildren," I said.

I looked up at Eric, to see what his reaction would be. At first he had no reaction, but he slowly nodded at me. I knew he was telling me it was fine that I invited them over. He still looked nervous, but I knew he was ready to meet them. Before they found Hayden, he was already making plans on wanting to meet them.