Chapter 14.

After talking to Adam about his siblings, I couldn't help but keep thinking about it. I wonder if Eric's ever been curious on meeting his birth parents. I've never even bothered to ask him about his birth family, if he even knows anything about them.

Eric was washing the dishes from breakfast. I had just set put Grace to sleep, so I walked into the kitchen with him. I should ask him about his birth family, if he even wants to know who they are. I mean, he should have a lot of questions of where he's from. His ethnicity, his blood siblings if he has any as well. If I were in his shoes, I would be curious about it.

"Hey, Eric, can I ask you something?" I asked him as I took a seat.

Eric finished washing the dishes. He turned to look at me, and he walked over to me before he answered.

"Yeah, anything," he said.

"Well, I don't know if you know this, but I guess Adam's parents put a baby up for adoption," I started the conversation.

"Really? I didn't know that. When? Was this recently?" Eric question.

Now that I think about it, he didn't even get the chance to tell me. The whole conversation passed by so quickly, he probably didn't have much of the details either way.

"I don't know, it was a brief conversation I had with him. He did't tell me much about it, just that his Mom told him the story, and his Dad doesn't even know that he knows. I was just wondering though, because you were adopted and you've never really talked to me about it."

Eric took a seat next to me, he had this expression on his face that I couldn't really read. I hope he doesn't mind talking to me about that subject. I mean why would he? I know it's a sensitive subject, but we are engaged as well. I would hope he feels comfortable talking to me about this subject.

"Honestly, I don't really know much. I know my parents adopted me when I was a baby, straight out of the womb from what I know. They haven't really told me much, honestly," Eric answered. He had this look on his face, like it was the first time he was thinking about this.

"Have you ever thought about looking for them? About asking your actual parents if they have information about your birth parents?" I asked him.

"I've talked to them once about it, but they know as much as I do. I guess it was a closed adoption, so after they signed the papers they knew nothing else about them. All they actual know if that they were just very young parents, which is why they probably gave me up for adoption," Eric explained.

It's the first time I hear him talk about this, and it's also the first time I ask him about it. There has to be more to the story than he claims though. If he doesn't know it, his parents must know it.

"I mean, they must know at least their names, right?" I questioned him.

"I mean, I would assume so," Eric said shrugging. "I never asked them for or specifics."

"Have you ever thought about wanting to meet them, though? I mean I know it's not an easy decision, and it's also a sensitive subject. It's just that, I've never asked you this so I'm just wondering where your mindset is I guess."

"I guess that conversation you had with Adam made you ask these questions, right?" Eric asked with a slight smile on his lips.

"Yeah, in a way I guess. I just never asked you any of this before, and talking to him kind of made me wonder. It's just that you're always so happy with you or family, sometimes I forget you were adopted," I admitted to him.

Eric chuckled a bit, and the smile stayed on his lips.

"Honestly, I always forget I'm adopted. I have such a fun time with my family, it's honestly something that's never really on mind. To answer your question, I use to think about meeting them. What made me stop thinking about meeting them, I guess was you. I was in that phase where I just wanted to meet them, I actually started to look for them even though I didn't have their name or any information."