•Part Twenty-Two•

Thank you guys for waiting so patiently. I got grounded and i just got off of it a few days ago. school has started back up, so I have no idea how quickly I'll be able to update, it will depend on how much homework I have and stuff. Well, enjoy the chapter!

Vote//Comment//Follow!

-Hailey xx

I'm sure everyone in the room heard my heart drop.

I was so gullible, to think even for a second that this could've been a good thing. What could have possibly been good about my best friend who had been dead for two months coming back to life?

Nothing, nothing at all.

"I'm...I'm so sorry Devon." Mara muttered quietly, but we all heard her. Louis looked at her with utter shock and disappointment on his face. I could see the sadness on his face at Mara's betrayal, his expression mirrored itself in my heart.

I was almost sick to my stomach as I looked at her. How could she do something so wicked, when she knew their intentions from the beginning? She knew they wanted to kill me she knew exactly what was going to end up of me when they were finished.

She just didn't care.

And then it struck me.

She was an angel. She didn't care about anyone but herself anymore, just like all the angels are suppose to. She didn't have the malfunction the rest of the lot seemed to have acquired. She was lying to our faces, acting as if she was really sorry. It made me sick to know she was toying with Louis, toying with everyone.

With me.

And she enjoyed it.

If everyone in the room was shocked, Harry was infuriated.

I could tell by his clenching and unclenching fists that he was struggling to restrain himself, for my sake. I knew if I hadn't been in the room Harry would have been at her throat in a heartbeat, and I didn't want that. Even if she had betrayed me, even if she didn't care about my well being anymore, despite everything I still cared about hers.

Harry's eyes were swirling with black, signalling he had lost whatever control I thought he had obtained. Mara stood up as well, as if she sensed the fight that was going to start. Louis stood up, wrapping an arm around Mara's waist and pulling her back, though no one could miss the look of disgust that took over his face, replacing the love and devotion that had been there just moments before.

I jumped off the couch, diving in front if Harry and putting my hand on his chest, preventing him from moving any farther. His eyes where black orbs, not holding an ounce of the green they usually held, the green that I loved. It was like he was soulless, there was nothing left in there, and the realization made me shiver.

"Harry, enough." I spoke calmly to him. His stiff posture calmed me slightly at the sound of my voice. He grabbed my shoulder violently, hard enough to leave bruises. His hands traveled down my arms until he eventually found my hands. His eyes were still black as he gripped my hands, hard enough to crush bones but I didn't utter a sound. He needed me to remain calm and I was sure as hell not taking his calming effect away from him.

"Get out Mara." I spoke without looking at her, because I knew if I did actually look at her I wouldn't have been able to kick her out.

"This is how it has to be." I heard her mutter, as if that would've justified anything.

"Get out." I whispered again coldly. The quiet fury I heard in my own voice shocked me a little, though I didn't let myself think too hard about it.

Just as Louis and Niall where dragging her out the door, she opened her mouth.

"I know how you healed him!" She shouted and my head snapped in her direction. There was no way; she was lying to me, just as she always did.

Louis and Niall looked at me, asking me if it was still okay to take her. If she didn't care about me anymore, I sure as hell wasn't going to let it show how much I still cared about her.

"Get her out." I stared at Harry as I listened to Mars exit. The silence of the room stabbed at the fresh wounds stored in my heart, the pain was so deep I didn't think there was a chance it would ever heal correctly.

I heard the door shut, signifying that she was gone: I stared up at Harry, his eyes darker than I had ever seen and at that moment I knew this was his breaking point, the event that would make him lose all of his control, and no one was going to stop him, no one could.

Not even me.

Every angel in the room was powerful, powerful enough to compel people, to heal people, to control people, make them see things that didn't exist, we're powerful enough to die and still live.

But even they were scared, because they knew nothing was going to stop Harry this time.

Harry dropped my hands with an infuriated animalistic grunt as he picked up a lamp and threw it with all his strength against the wall. The noise made me smash my teeth together as my bones shook. The lamp shattered into hundreds of crystal like structures that reminded me of Harry in a way as the landed on the floor in a sparkling rain. Shattered, but still beautiful. Shattered but still shinny. Harry was shattered, but he was shiny as well, even if no one else could see it I could. His shine was dim as he picked up a bottle of vodka that Mara and Louis had been sharing moments before. The large swig he took from the bottle surprised me. I had seen alcohol in the flat but I had never thought it was him drinking it.

As if the lamp shattering hadn't been enough destruction for Harry, he threw the bottle at the wall with all his power. It connected with the wall resulting in a loud crack that filled the room. Lizzy jumped back into Liam and he wrapped his arm around her, whispering calming words to words to her ad she watched Harry's hell.

She had heard of his fury, where ever she had come from before she came here, but she had never seen it in person. Knowing and seeing are two very different things and I felt bad that she had to witness it first hand.

Harry stared at the broken items on the floor, his eyes still swirling with black. His shoulder did not relax like they usually did when the fury passed; they stayed strung up and tense, waiting for someone to dare attack him, his hands clenched and unclenches and I could literally see the waves of fury running off it him as his onyx orbs met my aquamarines. He looked like an infuriated god at that moment, he would've been able to kill anyone had they attacked, and I didn't doubt it for a minute.

"Do you want me to stop him?" Liz's voice snapped me out of my reverie, and I turned to face her.

I knew stopping him wasn't going to help anything. I knew that if she compelled him I stop and control himself, he would push down the anger and store it for a later time, and when it finally pushed its way to the surface we wouldn't like what we saw.

"No." I answered her, and she looked confused my my decision.

"He needs to let it out." I explained, as he stared at me, his eyes blank with fury. "Otherwise, he'll keep it repressed and it'll be way worse next time." It was almost as of his eves got darker by my comment, but I could feel it in my bones that I was right. We were going to have to let him work out his anger.

I turned to face him, pushing my fear back as I did so. I walked over to him, and I could feel Niall step forward form apprehension but I shook my head slightly at him and he stepped back, with an emotion in his eyes I couldn't place.

I stopped when our chests touched when we breathed out. Usually, his touch sent tingles down my spine, a white hot fire coursing through my veins but the only thing I felt radiating off of him now was cold.

He looked down at me, and for a second his eyes softened, but they hardened again so fast it was hard to tell if it was real or if I had imagined it.

He didn't move a muscle as we stared each other down, it wasn't human the way he stood still, but of course it wouldn't be, because no matter how much I seemed to think Harry was human, he wasn't. He was a Fallen angel, a higher up. He wasn't human, and he wouldn't ever be again.

Unless he decided he wanted to kill me like Michael had predicted before Abaddon killed him.

I pushed Abaddon and Michael out of my mind.

"This is your fault." Harry's deep voice rang out, and everyone's eyes widened. He didn't even sound like the same Harry.

I didn't understand what he was talking about, and confusion must have been written all over my face like it was everyone else's.

Suddenly, the look in Harry's eyes changed from anger...to murderous.

I was scared of him now, terrified. His emotions were changing so rapidly I didn't know if I could keep up with his storm of rage.

He took a step towards me and I stepped back, suddenly not comfortable being near him at all.

"Everything is your fault. " his eyes had a malicious evilness to them, and I was scared.

"Everyone keeps dying Devon, or getting hurt because of you. Everything is getting fucked up because of you. One pity stupid fucking human. I don't understand how I can stand you, how I can tell you I love you. I don't. I don't love you." His words were like lashes springing upon my body and soul. He couldn't mean what he was saying to me, it was like Mara's lies all over again, but fifty million times worse. I tried to convince myself that he was just angry, he was saying these things because he was angry. But as I looked into his dark, demonic eyes I saw a spark of truth. He meant what he was saying.

He stepped away from me and pulled at his hair, as if he was battling with someone inside of him. I stood, my back against the wall, tears stinging my eyes as I watched him. I could feel everyone's stares on me but it was like I was in a bubble, everyone one else was on the outside looking in.

I felt my knees buckle, but I refused to show him how his simple sentences ripped me apart. I refused to show him weakness, because I knew it was what he wanted.

But I wanted to die.

My heart was skipping beats as it pulsed within me, his words ricocheting off the walks of my brain as it took in the rejection of Harry, the boy I loved so much it physically hurt; like someone was sticking a white hot iron brand down my throat.

Harry turned and looked at me, an grin etched upon his face as he opened his mouth.

"I should kill you. It would solve all my problems."

My body was numb as I came to my conclusion. I didn't want to live if there wasn't a Harry to share my life with. He wanted to kill me, he told me he didn't love me and he wanted to kill me.

"Do it then. Kill me." I spoke, the evenness in my voice surprised me. If Harry had left I would've been sobbing uncontrollably on the floor.

The room was silent as Harry tilted his head to the side, analyzing me, wanting to see if I was serious.

The room filled with gasps as Harry stepped forward. He tilted my head up to look into my eyes. I saw a hardness in his, but something had shifted. I saw sadness, and deep beyond the sadness I saw anger and something else, something I couldn't place, but something that gave me a slight bit of hope.

"Kill me Harry." I whispered to him. We were surrounded by people but I felt cold an alone, so very very alone as Harry nodded.

***

COMMENT.