•Part Twenty-Four•

HIIIII so this is all Harry's point of view, enjoy it. 530 votes and 125 comments for next chapter, thanks!

-Hailey xx

-Harry's Point Of View.-

I fucking hate this shit.

I fucking hate Zayn.

I fucking hate everything.

I hated Mara for making me tell Devon this stupid shit she didn't need to know at all whatsoever. Well, it wasn't that she didn't need to know it, it was that I didn't want her to know it. I didn't want her to know what she was, I didn't want her to know about her past life with Zayn, and I certainly didn't want her to know that she had a kid with him.

Of course Zayn knew about all this, and I was surprised that he hadn't opened his giant fucking mouth to Devon.

I was scared that if she found out that she had a life with Zayn that she would leave me for him. Of course she would. Fuck I would leave me for him.

"Harry, baby what's wrong?" Her quiet voice dug its way into my heart, digging into it with its sharp claws and refusing to ever let it go. I couldn't bring myself to look at her with hatred, or speak to her with malice as I should've.

I felt the tears fall down my face but I wasn't ashamed, she had seen me cry, and I didn't really care about any one else's opinion.

I grasped her face in my hands, relishing the feeling of her soft skin against my hands.

"She's telling me to kill you, but I can't kill you I can't do it." I answered her quietly. I didn't trust my voice to get any louder.

"Who?" She spoke softy, quietly, careful not to set me off.

"M-Mara." I answered..

"What about Mara?" Liam asked, and my head jerked in his direction. I hadn't noticed anyone but Devon, I never have.

"Mara." I stared to talk fast, motioning with my hands. "She's threatening me, one minute she's making me kill Devon and the next she wants me to tell her the truth."

I turned and met Devon's eyes, which were filled with such confusion. I expected her to run to me and hold me in her arms and tell me that everything was okay. I hoped like hell she would. I wanted her to.

But she didn't, she stood her ground with her arms crossed, waiting for me to continue.

I looked at Niall, who was standing beside her with his hand gripping her arm tightly, probably to keep me from getting near her to kill her, which I wouldn't ever be able to do in one hundred years, as long as I lived I would never be able to hurt her.

I turned to look at Liam, I couldn't face Devon and look her in the eye.

"I need to tell everyone the truth, or Mara is going to make me kill her." The last two words were hard to get out of my mouth, and I still couldn't look at Devon.

"What truth?" Lizzy snapped, glaring at Harry as if I had killed her newborn baby.

"The truth about Devon." I finally met Devon's eyes, and her shoulders relaxed.

"There are something's I didn't tell you Devon." I took a step towards her and she flinched. I couldn't believe she was scared of me, and I willed myself not to cry in front of her.

I stayed where I stood, not daring to take another step towards her, I didn't want to scare her more than she was already scared.

"When I told you that you were an old soul, I was telling you the truth. But I left out something's, some things that I probably should've told you." I stopped, and stared at the floor. "I didn't want to tell you, because I didn't think you would have to know." I stopped again and cautiously towards her, not wanting to scare her. This time she didn't step back or flinch, but everyone else in the room seemed to.

"But now I guess...I guess you have to." I could her my anxiousness in my voice. She nodded hesitantly, and I found myself stepping forward and grabbing her hand. She laced her fingers through mine and it felt like I could breathe again.

"You know you're an old soul." I spoke slowly, my eyes locking on mine.

"Yes." her voice cracked.

"I told you I didn't know how you became an old soul," I bit my lip so hard I could taste my blood. "But I lied to you. I do know."

"Please tell me." She spoke, and despite the alarms flaring through my head I continued.

"When I first became an angel, I was the highest of angels, higher than Michael even." I began. "I was close with God, his favorite even. I never went against him, never went against his word or whatever he asked. I was the perfect angel. I did everything he asked of me, always." I walked off to the table and pulled out a chair, I didn't trust my knees to hold me up.

"There was a new angel. A girl. She was absolutely breath taking in everyday. This feeling..." I stopped, unsure how to continue. "I didn't know it. Angels weren't supposed to care about anyone or anything aside from themselves, and God. But this thing I was feeling for this girl was definitely not the same feeling I was feeling towards God. I wanted to touch her, to hold her more than I've ever wanted to do anything. But I wasn't allowed too. I couldn't have the one thing I wanted.

"I was slowly falling in love with her, but I didn't know that. I had never experienced such a feeling Devon, I didn't know I was falling in love with you."

She stared at me blankly for a few seconds, unable to understand my words.

"You were the angel Devon." I spoke quietly, and I heard everyone gasp.

"I-I what?" She stuttered.

"The reason you're an old soul now, is because you were an angel then. You are what you are now because of me. It's my fault." She didn't say anything when I stopped, so I continued on.

"It was rumored...if you killed an innocent angel, a pure one who had absolutely no wrong doing in their life, that they would come back. Over and over and over again until the wrong that was committed against them was righted." I spoke slowly, making sure she understood.

"How would you know if they were pure?" She asked, looking up at me and squeezing my hand.

"All pure angels have blue eyes and blond hair." I answered her, and realization flickered in her eyes.

"You don't have that...none of you have that...except for Niall." She answered me, and I smiled sadly.

"I'm not pure baby." She tried to fight off a smile, but she couldn't

"You fell in love with me too, and it was so sweet and amazing. But we had to hide it from everyone, because what we had wasn't allowed.

"Michael eventually found out and he told God. God was infuriated, his favorite son committing acts against him, with one of his few pure angels, one of his daughters. Since it was me, someone who loved god more than I loved myself, he decided to punish me more severely, and so he did." I looked down, trying not to cry because I felt it was coming.

"He demanded a hunt for you Devon. He demanded that his protectors find you. He was so desperate he left himself defenseless so you could be found. Gemma helped us, we tried so hard to keep you hidden. And it worked for a while, they couldn't find you...until I started confiding in Michael about you." He looked at me, his eyes filling. "As you already know, Michael told them about you. We were sleeping one night, I had you wrapped in my arms so tight, you were sleeping so soundly when they busted in. They ripped you out of my arms and I fought, Devon I swear I fought like hell to get you back but I couldn't handle ten men at once." Tears slipped down my cheeks but she wiped them away.

"The grabbed you and pushed you to your knees and jerked your head back. They demanded you to explain what you had done wrong, what you had done to get you in that position. You refused to give in. You simply smiled at them. You were so brave. You knew you were going to die, but you smiled at it instead if crying." I sniffled, engulfing her hand in my own.

"And then they killed you right in front of me." I choked up, but continued.

"Then God took my wings away, cast me down to earth. But he made me promise I would never see you again, never interact with you, never do anything with you ever again. And I complied, because I wanted you to be safe.

"And then, one hundred years later you came back for the first time. I bumped into you at a farmers market in England and you smiled and apologized. It was weird to hear a British accent in your voice, but for the first time in one hundred years I could breathe again." She squeezed my trembling hand.

"But I watched you in all your lives, as you already know. I watched you grow up, get married, and have children. But one thing hit me in the face like a brick wall, and it hurt like fuck to see." Zayn's eyes burned holes burned into my back, but I didn't care. She had a right to know.

"I saw you, married to Zayn and pregnant with his baby."