RR Chapter 11

The last chapter!!! I hope you all like it.. Btw, the italics are his memory as well as some memory in Corey's POV (Kyle's brother) Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 11: Alistar’s POV

    I always dreamt of walking down the aisle to see Kyle waiting for me at the end. His smile bright and his eyes sparkling with mischief only to go wide at how important this moment would be for the both of us when I came into view. As I walked down the church aisle now tears were threatening to break the surface. This isn’t how it was supposed to end. Not like this.

    “Alistar, over here.” Alison spoke quietly. I followed her and sat down in the front row pew. We sat quietly hand in hand, both of us trying to be strong for the other. After a couple minutes our parents joined us and we all just sat there. Waiting.

    The funeral proceeded with the priest talking about how God was there that day, watching over all of us. Protecting us and making sure we were all safe. That day, they day they died, it will always be a bittersweet memory.

     “You’re dead now boy!” Kyle’s father loomed over him and kicked him in the ribs causing him to curl into a ball. His shadow covered Kyle as he leaned up with the gun pointed right at his head. “That was definitely the last straw. Guess I’ll just kill you off like I did Drake.” His smile he sent Kyle made my stomach turn with a sickly feeling.

    “Kyle!” I heard a woman scream, Most likely Elle. Everything was a blur from there. After I heard her scream everything became in slow motion. Elle jumping in front of the gun knocking it from Alec’s hand but it was a little too late. A shot was fired and it skinned Elle’s side and Kyle’s head.

    Alec turn furious to Elle and stood over her with the gun pointed at her heart. He smiled sadly but yelled at her and told her she deserved it. She deserved to me shot in the heart because she had broken his heart. Then I felt myself move. I ran to tackle him down, to stop this madness as police cruisers started filling the parking lot. I only made it 5 steps before I heard the gun fired once more. Dropping to my knees I saw the light disappear from her eyes as dark red blood seeped out from under her and into her pink blouse. This monster.

    I vaguely remember Alison coming to my side to pull me away before I got myself killed. By now the police had the whole parking lot surrounded and were behind their cars with firearms at the ready. Alec stood and smirked. Was he really going to try and fight this? He’s done for.

    “You can’t stop me! I’m a solid member of the church! A family man. This woman and child deserved it! Don’t you see? They’re a disgrace to our humanity and should’ve been taken car of long ago!” Alec raised his hands in triumph as if he just solved all the world’s problems.

    “Sir put your weapon down! I repeat, put your weapon down!” an officer spoke through a sound system. Alec looked confused.

    “I’m doing this for the greater good, don’ you see?” Alec again insisted that he was right in what he was doing. Then he turned to Corey who look wide eyed as his father’s sickly smile. “You’re next.” He spoke cocking the gun once more.

    “Sir do not do that! Put the weapon down and lay face down on the ground with your hands behind your head!” The officer sounded more desperate this time.

    “Hey dad!” Corey shouted, “Burn in hell!”

    “Die you bastard son!” Alec yelled as he turned and pointed the gun at Corey. The officer yelled once more that they would fire if he didn’t do as they say. I saw Alec’s finger move to pull the trigger and then bam! Alec was on his knees, the gun fallen away from him, as he look up to see Quinn with a shotgun in his hands. Alec then fell to his back as a profuse amount of blood flowed from his shoulder.