Epilogue

Alistar’s POV - 3 Years Later

    I sat in Alison’s car at the jailhouse parking lot with my niece Gabby while Alison finished up talking to Corey. Alison and Corey had officially gotten together after everything had happened. During the trials they became engaged and a lot of people thought it was stupid because they barely knew each other and Corey was on trial for abuse but they were madly in love so I didn’t judge. A week before Corey’s final trial they were married in a courthouse with Kyle and I as witnesses, needless to say it was kind of awkward for me. All three trials, Corey’s, Quinn’s and Alec’s, lasted about a year and a half with Quinn and Alec serving jail time for the duration. Corey was lucky enough to have a bail payment that we could pay.

    By the end of everything Alec obviously got life in prison for two murders and three attempted murders. Quinn got it easier with only 10 years in prison. They took it as self defense but since Alec was in intensive care for a while Quinn got off with a light sentence of attempted murder. Corey, however, only has to spend 5 years in jail. He cooperated and plead guilty to all charges against him so the judge gave him a light sentencing.

    “Hey you!” Gabby playfully hit me on my arm. “Can we see Uncle Kyle now? I wanna see him and Josie.” Gabby whined.

    “Wait for mommy to finish talking with your dad.” I looked back out the window and saw Alison headed this way. “There she is now, ask her if you can go.”

    “Mom!” Gabby yelled as Alison got in the car. “I wanna see Kyle!” Gabby tried to give Alison the puppy dog face but she saw right through it and rolled her eyes.

    “We are heading over there now okay? Now sit back in your seat honey. Daddy says he loves you and misses you and he can’t wait to see you again.” Alison smiled and looked at Gabby who smiled back.

    Gabriella Rochelle Summers, spitting image of her father and Uncle Kyle. She was the best thing that ever happened to Alison and I couldn’t be happier for her. Even though Gabby seemed to like Kyle and Josie more than me I knew that I was her favorite as she grabbed my hand and held it all the way to Kyle’s house looking out the window. When we got there I unbuckled Gabby and held her in my arms as we made our way up the porch steps. Alison knocked on the door once and walked in with me following her.

    “We’re in the kitchen!” Josie, Kyle’s girlfriend, yelled when she heard us coming in. When I found out Kyle and Josie were dating I became a recluse, only coming out of my room to eat and go to the bathroom. Seeing him falling in love with someone else was heartbreaking as well as depressing as hell.

    When we got to the kitchen Gabby squirmed in my arms until I put her down so she could run to Kyle. Over the past couple years Kyle and I have had our share of multiple awkward moments but slowly they’re going away as we’ve actually became almost friends. Corey finally told Kyle about our history because every time we were around each other he wondered by I was always acting so weird. After Corey told him though we ignored each other for a good three months. We’ve slowly made progress though but I still can’t shake my feelings for him, every time I see him I just want him to wrap his arms around me and kiss like he used to but dreams like that never come true for me. Josie is good for him though. I think they’ve been together for about a year now and Kyle is really happy with her. She’s really nice too so it’s hard to hate her, Kyle even told her about what happened between us but she said it was in the past and also apologized to me. I told her it wasn’t her fault that a psycho shot my boyfriend in the head and caused him to have amnesia that made him not remember me.

    “Hey Ali, Alistar.” Josie smiled at Alison and I as we walked into the kitchen. Gabby was already on Kyle’s lap telling him about seeing Corey today.