RR Chapter Six

Ah! I'm getting reads! *shocked gasp* Anywho this is conpletely unedited so feel free to point out mistakes :) Something does happen though.. O.o I've said too much already... Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________________

    It wasn’t exactly like I thought it would be. Charlie wouldn’t give up and both of us were often in the office for fighting. What drove me more to the boiling point was that Alistar wouldn’t leave him, he refused to. His exact words. I found out that Alison had dated Tyler and literally had beaten the shit out of him for catching him make fun of Alistar. As far as the girl’s fear for her? I have yet to figure that out. Alison and I have been posing as a couple for a couple months now but it’s just all fun and games. Now I don’t see her as girlfriend material. She’s been getting suspicious about how protective I am of Alistar though, a lot of people are. I’m constantly explaining that it’s because I see him as a brother but even I’m not sure that’s the reason now..

    “Dude.. You’re spacing off again.” Alistar laughed shaking me. We were hanging out in my room working on homework. Alison had to work tonight. I don’t work weeks now because I actually manned up and joined soccer.

    “Sorry, we have a game tomorrow and I guess I’m just worried about that.” I lied. I wouldn’t dare tell him I was trying to figure out how possessive I was about him. I could see the faint purple of the bruise Alison covered with makeup on his cheek.

    “Ah. I see. So do you think you’ll play a lot or worried you won’t play?” He said completely unaware of my intense stare as he continued to work. I had stopped working a long time ago, now I’m just kind of staring at him while he works. “Kyle, did you hear me?”

    “What?” I said snapping out of it. His lip twitched into a small smile. He was now looking back at me, his brown eyes sparkling with amusement. His hair was ruffled from running his fingers through it, honestly he looked really good. I shook my head, what’s wrong with me?

    “Are you okay?” A look of concern crossed his face. I bit my lip not wanting to say something stupid. I just nodded and looked back down at my work that I haven’t touched. He shrugged and went back to work as well, when he was focused again I stole glances at him. He had pretty handwriting for a guy.. his smaller hands glided across his paper with ease.

    “Are you working or are you going to continue staring at me like you have been like the last hour?” He said suddenly not looking up. I was glad too because my head dropped as I felt my face heat up. What the hell is wrong with you Kyle, you’re not a freaking homo. I felt my anger at myself.

    I stood up from my sitting position on my bed and threw off my shirt and grabbed clean clothes. I felt Alistar’s stare at me, it felt different though, like he was checking me out. That brought a smile to my face instead of a grimace. At least it wasn’t his I-Pity-You stare like I get sometimes. I walked out and across the hall to the shower. Turning it on to warm up I went back to my room. I stopped short when I heard Alistar’s voice, he was on the phone with someone and arguing.

    “I swear. It’s just homework, we always do our homework together. He’s not gay, he’s dating my sister are you serious?” He said said sarcastically. He was silent for a while but continued quietly and defeated. “Yes, I’m sorry. I’ll be over there in a little bit. I love you.” He sighed and hung up. That was obviously Charlie who was obviously pissed. He turned and saw me and smiled slightly packing his stuff up.

    “You don’t have to go you know that right?” I said leaning against the doorframe. He just shrugged and slung his backpack over his shoulder. He went around me not saying anything but before he got to far I grabbed his hand and turned him around. The sudden touch caused me freeze, his hand was warm and inviting and I just stood there and stared at our hands in each others.