Chapter 21

I place Lily down into the downstairs, Moses basket and Aaron envelopes me in a hug. Cain leaves and Aaron starts to sob into my hair. "What have I done?" He asks.

"You've done nothing." I whisper back.

"It's not just that." He says. "I made a move on Robert last night." He tells me. I tense in his arms. "Nothing happened I promise. Nothing not even a kiss." He assures me.

"Okay," I try to keep my voice from cracking. "It was going to happen at some point." I say.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeh, yeh, I'm fine." I start to fold some washing.

"I love you Kylie." I turn to look at him and see the pain and love in his eyes, all mixed together. I sigh heavily.

"I love you too." I tell him. Aaron says he has to go out so I kiss him goodbye and begin folding washing again.

Suddenly Gordon bursts through the door and stares at me. I gulp.

"Gor, Go, Gordon?" I stammer.

"Kylie," he taunts, looking me up and down. "Oh look, what a gorgeous little baby." He moves forward to stroke her cheek but I block her from his view. "I wouldn't do anything to her. I'm not what you think I am."

"I believe Aaron."

"I believe him too, that he thinks it happened, but it's all in his head."

"Your lying." I say. "CHASS." I scream.

"Shut up." He warns. He hides behind the door and Chas comes running down the stairs.

"What's wrong?" She shouts. Once she's in the room and seen my terrified face looking past her at Gordon and he's shut the door she turns and sees him.

"You need to leave, right now." She says.

"You know why I'm here."

"You have no right." She moves forward and Gordon grabs her.

"Is that right?" He asks.

"You can't come in here after what you've done." She heads for the other door but he slams it shut. "The sooner you are rotting in prison the better."

He snatches her phone from her hand, "get off."

"Bad idea." He has her right against the door.

"Gordon stop, let her go." I say.

"Kylie, stay out of this." She warns me. She slips passed him and crosses the room. "Doing this will only make things worse." She tells Gordon.

"Oh well seeing as your determined to ruin my life."

"Oh you did that all by yourself."

"You know people look at me like I'm dirt."

"They got that right then, haven't they."

"There's no else, no one. How much are you paying him?" He asks her.

"What are you on about?"

"Ryan. You know damn well, the kid that lives down my road I've barely even spoken to him only he's decided that I've done far worse than that. So I'll ask you again, how much are you paying him?"

"No, no I don't know anything about that all I care about is Aaron." She cries.

"Stop lying." He pins her against the wall.

"Stop! Stop! Please stop." I shout.

"You better call him off," Gordon warns. "Or I'm really gonna get nasty." He says.

Marlon comes through and takes in the scene infront of him. I'm still shouting at him to stop and have broken down into hysterics on the floor next to Lily.

"What's he doing here?" Marlon asks.

"He was threatening me."

"And why would I do that? She's lying." Gordon says.

"Get out." Chas shouts.

"I only wanted to talk."

"You heard her." Marlon confronts him.

"Your making a big mistake." Gordon tells Chas.

Marlon takes the back of his jacket and drags him out. "Alright I said I was going." Gordon says.

"Not quick enough." Marlon replies.

"Gordon." Diane exclaims, out behind the bar, where we all are now. "When did he turn up?"

"Get off me." Gordon says who is now being held by Marlon and Adam.

"Chas what's happened has he hurt you?" Victoria asks.

"Course not." Gordon says.

"She wasn't asking you." Adam exclaims.

"I haven't touched her."

"Right call the police." Marlon shouts out.

"I'll do it." Doug says, going through to the back.

"Are you all right pet?" Diane says to me, I'm still sobbing. I nod and try to pull myself together.

"There on their way," Doug announces.

"Good."

"Why don't we go through to the back?" Victoria suggests, who is hugging me. "And I'll make you a brew."

"I'm going no where until the police arrive." Chas says.

"What so you can make some more lies?" Gordon asks. Chas makes a move for him but Doug gets her.

"Don't give him the satisfaction." He says.

"Thank you Vic." I say.

"Hey, no worries." She rubs my back.

"Don't tell me you believe all this the hours we spent talking all I said to you was the truth, I'm proud of my son."

"Don't call him that." Chas says.

"All I wanted to do was sit down and talk get him some more counselling perhaps, the longer you let him carry on with these false memories or what ever they are the harder it's going to be for him to get over it." Gordon says.

"I swear if you don't shut up."

"We need to help him through this."