Chapter 22

"Your either insane or stupid, I wish I'd never met you in that flaming hospital and brought you back into Chas and Aaron's lives because I hate myself for it." Diane says.

The police walk in, "Mr Livesy, not your brightest move." The police women says.

"I tried to leave but.."

"You shouldn't be here at all." Chas interrupts. "He had pinned up against the wall in there, threatening me."

"It's not true." Gordon defends himself.

"He was there he saw it." Chas points at Marlon. "And her." She points at me. Tears are welling up in my eyes again,

"Is that right?" The police women asks.

"Yeah, well I mean I didn't actually see but she was really shaken up." Marlon says.

"We were talking that's all."

"What about you." The police women looks at me.

"Y.. yeah, he did." A sob escapes and Victoria puts her arms around me.

"He obviously did something." Doug says.

"And surely he can't just turn up." Diane adds.

"I think it's time you left." The police women says to Gordon.

"Is that it?" Chas asks.

"Look I was trying to help, thought we could talk things through, obviously it was a mistake. It won't happen again." He says.

"C'mon then." The police say to Gordon. Adam pushes Gordon forwards. "Ey, that's enough." He says to him.

"Thanks so much." Chas says sarcastically as they leave.

"It'll go on the file." The police say as they walk out.

I walk away from everyone and take Lily upstairs. She falls asleep next to on Aaron's bed almost immediately and I lie there taking in everything.

Aaron didn't come home. All night.

In the morning I find out that he stayed at Roberts last night. I try not to be upset or annoyed but deep down I am, even though I don't show it to anyone.

"Did you have fun last night?" I ask, wrapping my long grey cardigan around me. He looks at me and walks towards me with tears in his eyes.

"You've been crying." He says. I duck my head. "Are you okay?"

"Just the events of yesterday rattled me a bit but I'm fine." I tell him.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here with you, I just needed some time." He says.

"With Robert?" I ask.

"It's actually Victoria and Adams house, Robert just stays there. I slept on the couch." He says. I nod once. "Your upset."

"I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not." My voice cracks.

"Hey." He whispers and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm trying to be here for you but you don't give me a chance, you ask Robert for the support instead, and he's your ex. It makes me feel like utter crap."

"I'm so sorry, Ky." He says. I fiddle with his top.

"It's fine." I tell him. He ducks down to kiss me. He kisses me passionately and deeply. I pull his top and he tugs my hair and before we know it we've made our way upstairs. Lil is asleep in her Moses basket and we are making out on the bed.

He throws my cardigan on the floor and carries on kissing me before I lift his top off. We carry on kissing and I'm tracing his chest with my fingers until I come across an uneven patch of skin and he flinches when I touch it.

I break the kiss and sit, straddling him to look at him. I gasp as I see thin cuts across his chest and deep gashes in his stomach. I can feel the tears welling up again.

"Oh my god." I whisper.

"Kylie." He says holding my hand.

"When you said you used to self harm..." I trail off. I stare at his chest and stomach, the worst bit. His stomach is full of open wounds and deep, dangerous gashes. I take my leg away from one side of his body and lay next to him, which my hand resting on his torso.

His skin is warm and comfortable but I'm so scared of moving or touching him in case I hurt him.

What has he been doing to himself?