Chapter 7

Mason's POV

"Riley I am so sorry." I said in shock, I can't believe I kissed her.

"Maya," she cut me off, "You were caught up in the moment, you were happy to finally have some sort of support! I completely understand. I know it didn't mean anything either. It is fine." She smiled.

I just nodded. Maybe she'd still go as friends? But I am still physically a girl, with long hair. She'd never go.

"Mason, sorry I meant to say Mason not Maya. It'll take me a bit to not get those mixed up, bare with me." Riley apologized. 

"It's completely fine." I nodded.

-TIME SKIP TO 1 WEEK BEFORE THE DANCE-

The dance time was winding down so I figured I'd ask her, the worst she could say was no. I wouldn't mind wearing a dress, if it meant she'd be my date.

"Riles, can I ask you something.." I finally got the nerve.

"Wait! Guess what!" she said excitingly.

"What?" I laughed, she was overflowing with excitement for some reason.

"Lucas asked me to the dance!" Riley said, smile wider than ever.

"Oh, that's... that is great Riley." I said, a little bit above a whisper.

"I need to get a dress....... schedule a hair appointment...... find some shoes..... ooh what about jewelry? What will Lucas where?" she started rambling all these question.

"Uh, I am gonna go Riles. My folks wanted me home by 10 so I can eat dinner." I lied and took off my beanie and changed into the clothes I first came here in.

Maybe if I wouldn't have waited so long. What's the point? At least I can be me, it should only matter that I am happy. I'll be awesome someday, in the future. Maybe when I graduate?

Riley wants to marry a real boy.