Chapter 24

A/N: I apologize. I was out of town for a couple days and I sent my friend the parts to upload but I send the wrong one for this book. Here's the update :)

Riley's POV

4 am was a really early time to wake up on a Friday. Mason's top surgery began at 7, with an hour and a half travel to get there. I looked into the mirror, slowly smiling as I brushed my teeth. I raised my eye lids with my index fingers trying to wake myself up. Today was his big day.

"Well, good morning princess." Mason greeted me as I walked into his parents' kitchen.

"Someone's up and awake awful early?" I joked, grabbing a mug and pouring in creamer to the empty cup before adding the actual coffee shortly after.

"Are you kidding me? Haha, I have been up since 1 am. I'm way too excited to get any rest, they'll be plenty rest after the surgery." He smiled, "come here baby, don't I get me a few kisses?" I laughed softly at the energetic Mason; I am sure he's had one too many cups of coffee. He started kissing me real slow and soft.

I lifted up his shirt and him by his toned waist, speeding up the kiss as he backed me into the counter top. But we were interrupted by Katie telling us it's time to head out.

"Later" he whispered lovingly in my ear, enough to send a chill down my spine.

"I love you babe." I smiled.

"I love you Riley." He grabbed my hand and walked with me to the car.

The entire car ride there consisted of me dozing on and off as Mason ramble to his parents about the surgery, asking all kinds of questions, and making sure we knew how to properly take care of him to prevent him from healing improperly.

"We know, we know." Katie stated, laughing at how energetic her son was.

"You realize this surgery is putting a large hole In mom and I's pocket," Shawn joked, "You're lucky we love you."

"I really love you guys too!" he smiled, "And riley." I heard my name but I was out of it, so all I could do was mumble.

*2 HOUR SKIP*

Mason's POV

Before I knew it, I was in a hospital gown, in a bed, being rolled down a hallway. I smiled and waved at Riley and my parents as I turned the corner and could no longer see them. This was it, this is what I've wanted, this is about to happy.