Chapter 19

~earlier that day~

Riley's POV

I woke up, staring at Smackle's art wall, like I've done many times. I'd be lying if I said waking up here didn't make me feel safer. I slowly made myself get up out of her bed, admiring the posters and paintings on that wall that I've seen a thousand times. I felt the mattress shift on her bed, indicating that Smackle had woke up.

"Good morning beautiful!" she said, kissing my cheek.

"Morning good looking." we both laughed. I sat there smiling at her. Smackle is an amazing friend and I wouldn't know what to do without her. As much as I wanted to stay in her dorm, I had to get to mine.

"Text or call if you need me, okay?" she put on her glasses as I began walking out her door.

"I will, I will. See you later Smackle. Love you." I closed her door, hearing a loud "you too" through the door.

I feel as if Lucas will be upset if he knows I visited Mason and even tried to kiss him. But when I saw Mason, and when we made contact, I felt something that I haven't felt with Lucas, ever. Hopefully he won't find out. I needed to visit my parents for a bit, they always know what to say.

As I drove the short, ten minute drive, my mind got lost in the music on the radio and my eyes focused on my parent's apartment.

"Hey baby" my mother greeted, kissing me on my head as I entered.

"Is dad around?" I asked, almost immediately.

"H-he's gone with August on their field trip." she said, taken back at the fast response.

"Ahh, guess you'll do." I said jokingly.

"Hmm." she smiled.

"Mom, what do you do if you like two people, but the one you really like, love, isn't the one you're already with?" I put my head down.

Her eyebrows raised in realization, and she knew exactly what I was talking about, "Well, I say go with what the heart wants. Go with the person who makes you feel safe, like a princess, like everything that you deserve to feel and every way you should be treated and more."

"You're right mom." I smiled, thanking her.

She slowly leaned to my ear and whispered, "I'd go with Mason, he's such a cutie"

"Mom!" I said laughing, my face flushing red. Maybe I should get away from Lucas, but I love him, right?

My mom and I talked and talked, hours seemed like minutes. Even talked longer when dad and August came home. But when I glanced at the clock and it read 9:00 pm. I knew I had to get going.

"I love you guys, I'll see you soon." I waved, received a wave and a load of "I love you"s back.

Within 15 minutes, I found myself reading a book while sitting on my desk. I jumped up when I heard my door slam open.

"You went and hung out with Maya and didn't even tell me?!" Lucas yelled, entering my dorm.

"Lucas! How the hell did you get in here!" I yelled back, disregarding his question. He held up a copy key to my room, make he really is a creep. "You can't just barge in like that, or get a freaking copy key!"

"I can and I just did. Like hell you'll stop me." he said angrily, closing my door.

"Lucas, please go." I said, voice cracking.

"I try, I try to be nice and loyal. But you go behind my back and see other people without my consent. Like I don't even know if I can trust you on your own anymore." he said, walking closer.

"I didn't see anyone Lucas, I went to my mom's shop to see Mason, he's my friend." I said, trying to hold back from crying.

"Oh your friend? Maya didn't seem much of a friend when you left her on that dance floor in high school did she?" he said, a grin creeping his face.

"His name is Mason. We ate and visited my parents, Farkle and Zay were there too. It's not like I screwed him!" I yelled.

Lucas turned to my wall and beat it with his fist several times, "I'm not dating a SLUT! You know that you don't hang with anyone without telling me!"

"L-luca-s ple-ase" I said, letting the tears fall. I hate when he gets this angry. I grabbed my phone and texted the first person on my contact's list, Farkle.

"Who are you texting?!!" he yelled, louder.

"M-my dad sent me a text." I lied.

"Your father can go fuck himself for all I care." he was so upset. Lucas grabbed my phone and broke it against the door by throwing it. I put my hand on my head trying to not let him see my cry.

"Look at me while I'm talking!" he screamed, slapping me so hard, I fell out of my chair. I laid face down on the floor, tasting the blood that was forming in my mouth. "Now look, look what you made me do Riley!"

"L-lucas please go." I faintly whispered, pushing myself off the ground. Farkle please hurry.

"No. You know what, I've tried to be nice Riley, you've made me this way." he said calmy, oh god and I know what's next. Please please hurry Farkle, please. I started crying and he threw me onto the bed.

"Lu-casss! Get off of me!" I screamed, fighting him as he started taking my shirt off, but he was too strong. He mounted over top of me, straddling my body, removing his own shirt. Lucas leaned down and started kissing my neck, while I helplessly began squirming under him. He began kissing my lips, my arms pinned to the bed. His kisses tasted of alcohol. I know in the morning. he'll try to blame it on him being intoxicated but he knew exactly what he was doing. I know how he acts when he's drunk and when he's not, and he's not drunk right now.

Lucas began to unbutton my jean shorts and slid them to my knees. I could see the bulge forming under his jeans.

"P-pl-please don't" I cried out. He took of the pants of his own, then his boxer. There he was, hovering my half naked body, him completely naked. I turned my head and closed my eyes. Seeing this him naked makes me wanted to vomit.

He removed my bra, leaving me in my underwear. He examined my breasts and began to grab them with his rough hands, I felt his most prized possession get harder against my leg as he did so.

"Lucas no!!!" I screamed as loud as I could, hoping someone could hear, as he began playing with the him of my underwear.

BAM

I heard the door to my dorm slam open, making me flinch. I grabbed my shirt to cover my exposed breasts. There stood Mason, breathing heavily. Farkle and Zay running into my room seconds after he entered.

A/N: WOO! Cliffhanger. But kudos to Mason for making it in time before Lucas could rape Riley, but is it the first time he's every raped her or tried to? Find out soon.