Chapter 25

Riley's POV

I sat down staring at my phone. Mason had just gone back and it wouldn't be long for him to come out again, physically being a boy. I was so excited for my love, but dreadfully tired. Next thing I know, everything went black.

"riley, honey?" a soft voice said. I woke up seeing a figure there in front of me, they finally focused on my eyes, it was Shawn. "doctor said he's all done, ready to go see him?" I was up faster than he could finish the sentence. I found myself walking fast down the hall, "room 658" replayed in my head over and over again.

654...655...656...657.... then finally 658. I slowly opened the door and was greeted by a doctor and a couple male nurses.

"And you are?" the doctor, who's nametag read Wolford, replied.

"Oh I am Riley Matthews, his girlfriend." I smiled, looking over and seeing the smiling Mason, clearly still highly on the medicine.

"Riley, his surgery went well. He won't be able to do too much for the first week or so. Make sure the bandages stay on him and he takes his medicine." Dr. Wolford added. Then he proceeded outside to talk to Mason's parents. I walked over to his bed side.

"Hey handsome." I smiled, running my hand through his soft, messy hair.

"Hiiiii" he replied, trailing off words.

"You are absolutely adorable babe." I laughed, leaning in for a kiss.

He stuck out his arm, stopping me from doing so. "No, no I cannot do thaaat." He seemed to get agitated.

"And why is that?" I asked, confused.

"Cause I have a girlfriend and she is so prettyyyyy. I am taken woman." He smiled, pointing his finger at me, "she...is...my.... princess!"

By this time, I was smiling so big and laughing because even when he wasn't fully there, he knew he was loved. Instead of trying to break his spirit, I just listened to him go on and on during the car ride to his house. Once they had him in his bed and giving him access to rest, I concluded our convo.

"Well, I do believe this girl sounds amazing." I said, looking at him.

"She's beyond." He replied, drifting to sleep.