Chapter 25

783 words

FRISK POV

I woke to Sans poking me. "Oh..! Sorry kid, Did i wake you?"

Huh. No nightmares.. strange. "Hmm? Yeah."

"Sorry."

"Sans?" i asked.

"Sup?"

"Why were you poking my chest?" I tilted my head as i sat up.

"Oohh.. that." Sans rubbed the back of his skull. "Well.. i was bored so i came to see if you were awake but you weren't and i don't know why but i tried to match the speed of your heartbeat with me poking you. Sorry." His cheekbones were tinted a shade of cyan.

"It's fine just... five moar minutes.." i fell back onto the sheets.

"Jeez Frisk! I don't even sleep this long!" He laughed. "It's already 1:00 pm!"

I sat up quickly. "Really??" I put on a fake half smile. "Well then! I'd better go eat!"

As i tried to get up and leave Sans stopped me.

"Frisk, wait." He pulled me back onto the bed.

"Wha..?" He grabbed my shoulders.

"Frisk. You have to stop this. I don't care if it's only been a day. I don't want you to make a habit of this." Sans words only showed his concern.

"I-I.. i don't know... what you're talking about." I looked down at my feet. He knows.

"I don't want you to fake it. If you do it'll be lying to everyone. I know you hate lying to people.. so.. why?"

A tear escaped my eye but i looked straight at him. "I have to stay strong. Chara can't get to me or anyone if I'm strong."

The little dots in Sans's eyes shrunk. "This doesn't make you stronger. It eats away at you from the inside. It hurts you."

"Sans. I don't-"

"Stop. Stop trying to say that. You need help through this and you know it." He hugged me tightly. "I'm here for you. Tell me."

"Sans. Please. I-I..." i broke down. Crying into his arms, i sobbed.

LIKE, AN HOUR LATER

I sat up and wiped off my face. it was soaked and so was Sans. "Sorry.." i mutter.

"Don't sweat it kid."

"S-Sans i-" my words got caught in my throat.

"Frisk." Sans got up and looked at me. "You can tell me when you're ready." He grabbed my hand and helped me up. "Come on, lets go get some Grillbys!"

AT GRILLBYS

"K kid, what'll it be?"

"Fries. I'm not too hungry when i first wake up." I rested my head on the table and Sans glanced at me simpatheticly (can't spell) right before Grillby came to our table.

"Two large fries." Sans said as if he was at the drive-through. They don't have cars here sooo.. would they have drive-throughs? Not long after we ordered we got our food. The whole time we didn't speak. It was akward to say the least. Sans got up. "Okay Frisk. Lets get going." I got up and we left, the whole while i was staring at my feet.

"HUMAN? WHAT'S EATING AT YOU?" Paps chirped as we walked in he was making spaghetti. Uh oh.

"N-Nothing Papy j-just..."

Sans cut in,"She just had a bad dream an it's buggin' her." Thanks for saving me. I don't feel like explaining to paps right now.

"DON'T WORRY TINY HUMAN! IM SURE YOU'LL FORGET ABOUT IT!" Paps seemed so.. happy. How can he do it? I'm sure there are plenty of things troubling him. how..? I grabbed Sans sleeve and pulled him into his room.

"Uh.. kid..?" Sans looked confused.

"H-How?"

SANS POV

Her eyes were dull. Then i realized. Whoa! I can see her eyes?! They were a blue/violet-grey. "H-How what?" Frisk's eyes were so pretty i found my self stumbling over my words.

"H-How do you.. l-live with it? T-there is a gigantic threat hanging over our heads... b-but... y-you... a-act like its nothing and no one can see through you.... N-not even m-me." Frisk looked at me hopefully. "P-please. I-I can't go every d-day faking a smile. H-How d-do i-i... g-get over i-it....?" She was stuttering really bad now like, really bad. I hadn't noticed before.

"Frisk? Are you... okay? You stuttering a lot." I looked at her worriedly.

"H-H-Ho...w..?" Her body was starting to seise up. "P-Ple...as..e." Her eyes snapped wide open.

"F-Frisk??" She was starting to glow a red color. "W-Whats happening??"

" dersuaem eb ton-nac taht htgnerts meht sevig taht dna egnever rof regnuh dna dertah htiw pu dellif evah seimene rou fo straeh ytpme ehT "

------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------