Chapter one

JOSH

Knock knock

"Come in"

"Mr. Miller, you have a phone call on line one sir" my assistant said.

"Okay thank you." I answered and ushered her out the door.

"well hello hot stuff. I've missed you. Maybe you should come over tonight."

"Hey Hens, what's going on" I laughed at her over the phone. "Did you finally find a place you liked? " I asked while taking off my glasses and laying them down on my desk beside my computer.

"No. Not one that I like but one that I absolutely love! And guess what it only 10 minutes away from yours!" she yelled in my ear.

"Wow Hensley that's awesome! I'd say I'd come see it tonight but I can't. I've been working on the "Jensen's" case and it's a living hell."

"Well I guess that's what you get when your the best damn lawyer in the state of New York"

"I'm not the best Hens, but thank you"

"Your welcome, so when is the case going to end?" She asked.

"The last hearing is supposed to be in two weeks" I answered.

"Awesome! Just in time for your 28th birthday! "

"Hensley listen to me, nothing big this year okay. For the last nine years you've gone out of your way to go all out so no more. understand?"

"No. I don't understand why you say I went all out. Name one time that I went all out"

"Seriously Hens? For my 25th birthday I got to go on tour with Chris Daughtry! What the hell do you call that?"

"I call that, "I performed surgery on him so he owed me a favor." she argued back.

"You are so crazy" I laughed. "Just please Hensley nothing big this year okay?"

"Fine. Fine whatever, but we are defiantly doing something. I got to go. I love you bye."

After 10 long years of knowing her, she still knows how to amaze me. A lot has happened in the last 10 years. I graduated from Law school and opened my very own Law firm in New York. Henley graduated from Medical school two years early then got married and is now an amazing Dr. and mother of a son who is one years old. Unfortunately when Samuel was 5 months old his dad died in Iraq serving our country. Now I'm a godfather and uncle to a beautiful baby named Sammy. Hensley and I are raising Sam together. She has him during the week and then her and the baby come and stays every weekend with me. Around 2 years ago my dad passed away from a massive heart attack. Of course my mom is still devastated but who wouldn't be after 30 years of marriage you know.

And to answer the question that everyone is dying to know, No. The answer is no. No I haven't seen from Zeak. No I haven't heard from Zeak. And No I still haven't gotten over him leaving me, and most nights I'm afraid I never will.

*************************************
Please vote and and leave comments down below !
thanks y'all love you guys💋