Chapter 12

Josh's POV

After Kinsley got back home she insisted that Zeak and I go out on a date and wouldn't stop until we agreed.

Honestly I was kind of glad she made us go because we had an amazing time together. We ate at the Pearl Oyster Bar had a bottle of their best wine of course after we were done he insisted on for his half for the meal. I let him, because the next day I went and put the same amount of money in his bank account. Sneaky me.

But that was 3 weeks ago and it's been a little different since. We both catch each others glances now and it's a lot more quiet between us as well.

We are both currently sitting on the couch watching Supernatural on Netflix.

" I'll be right back I need to go upstairs and check on something. You don't have to pause it I've already seen this episode." I tell Zeak while getting up from my seat on the couch.

"Okay" he answers while still watching.

I headed upstairs to check my email on my laptop because my phone has been acting weird the last few days. After about 15 minutes of checking my emails and answering them Zeak knocks at my door.

"Come in" I said looking up from the computer.

" sorry to bother you but Chris D has been calling you for the past 10 minutes." He said and then left my room after giving me my phone.

That's weird I thought as I called Chris back.

"Hey Man. Finally you get back to me." He said on the other end.

" yeah sorry about that I was finishing up work." I said closing my laptop and setting it on the other side of the bed.

" it's cool. I just wanted to tell you that the tour got pushed back for 6 months. My drummer had to have surgery on his right shoulder and it will be a long and tough recovery , so we decided to wait for him to get better."

" sorry I haven't got back to you about that. I'm just trying to get my head and life together" I laughed. "Tell Darren that I'm sorry and I hope he gets better soon" I tell Chris.

"I will. No big deal. Don't worry about it. Now you have plenty of time to figure it out. I gotta go but good luck Josh and it was nice talking to you again." he said and then hung up.

When I went back downstairs I saw a note by the remote to the TV. ( got called into work and I'm not sure when I'll be back) the note said.

Zeak always tells me when he is leaving. Maybe it was an emergency or something any just didn't have time.

Well I guess I should go visit my mom now that I have a chance to I haven't seen her in a while.

We spend about 3 hours just talking catching up on everything I'm not sure why I didn't tell her about Zeak living with me, tho maybe he can come with me next time and surprise her.

My mom always did love him sometimes I think more than she loves me.

It was about 5:30 p.m. and cold outside when I got back to the city so I decided to park at my favorite coffee shop and get some coffee. When I was walking back to my car with my pumpkin spice latte someone ran into me and dropped my drink.

"Oh man. Im so sorry. Are you okay." asked the younger man with a camera around his neck. While picking up my cup.

"Im fine don't worry about it" I answered.

" I'm Owen. At least let me buy you another one" he said. 

"I'm josh, and no its okay" I smiled.

" if you don't let me buy you a coffee what about dinner tonight" he smiled back.

" is that really necessary?" i asked.

"Yes" he answered.

"Fine. Okay then where do you want to meet at?"

" how about the Pearl Oyster Bar it's really good?"

" I don't really like seafood" I lied. Something was just holding you back from telling him yes to go there.

" okay then what about Caminos on 3rd Avenue?"

" sounds great what time?"

" 7 Okay?" he asked.

" sure"

" okay great see you then" he smiled and walked off.

Oh boy. What did I just do...