Chapter 19

Zeak's pov

"Are you sure you're okay with me taking this case?" Josh asks as we sit in living room on the couch.

" I can't tell you what to do. If you want this case then take it. Besides you never know it might be worth it. I mean you know Brandon." I say. I mean I really hate the fact that Josh would have to leave to South Carolina but I can't tell him what to do.

" okay then I'll call Zane tomorrow and tell him my answer. This case won't take that long anyways maybe two weeks three tops. It's going to go out way and then I'll be back before you know it." he says and kissed my head.

Well that was two weeks ago. Josh has been gone never since then and not sure when he's coming back. Everytime I call him we only talked on the phone about 20 minutes and then he has to go again.

"Ring ring ring" my phone goes off in my pocket.

" hello Dr Pearson speaking" I answer.

"Hello Dr. Sexy." Josh says on the other end of the phone.

" hey babe what are you up to?" I asked.

" nothing much. I just got back to my hotel room I've done all I can do for today."

" I'm sorry my love. I miss you so much when are you coming back home to me?" I asked.

" well that's one of the things I want to talk to you about actually." he paused. " I don't think I be able to come back home for a few more weeks." He says. "Zeak are you still there?" he asked quietly.

" yeah. I'm here. Sorry I'm at the hospital so I'm a little busy." I half lie as I wipe away my tears.  I'm not busy at all.

"Dr Pearson your needed in the trauma center." The intercom says above me.

" well looks like you have to go. I love you Zeak." Josh says.

" love you too Josh" I say and hand up.

A few days later Hensley and I decided to have a lunch date together.

"Hens, I don't know if I can take 3 more weeks of this."  I say almost crying.

" then don't. You have a 3 day break coming up this week, and I think that you should go down there and surprise him. He will not to see you and I kinda already reserved a room for you at the same hotel ask him.  She says.

"What the hell Hens. When?" I asked.

" last night after I check to you work schedule." She replied. " I'm serious though go see him. You leave the day after tomorrow."

" I love you Hens" I said kissing her cheek.

"I love you too Boo" she said smiling.

So here I am. Just now arriving at the hotel about to check in when I see Josh come down the hall with a man.

" I told you when we started this Zane. It's a really long process and a difficult case." He says looking at the other man.

" I know but is been 5 weeks already and we have at least another four more to go." The other man complains.

" I know. Honestly I thought it would take much longer than this so please stop complaining I'm doing the best I can." Josh says and continues to walk out the door.

I quickly turn around so he would not notice it was me. After they walked out the door I turned back the around and watched them leave.

" sir may I help you?" The man at the front desk asks.

" umm I have a room booked. Room 326, but it turns out I won't be needing it. Im sorry for wasting your time. Thank you though I hope you have a great day." I say and leave to head back home.

I can't believe Josh lied to me. He knew it would take this long. I just wish he would have been honest about it.

JOSH'S POV

I just got out of the shower when my phone started going off.

"Hey Hens, What's going on?" I asked her.

"Nothing much, just sitting here. So how did you like your surprise?" she asked.

"What surprise?" I asked confused.

"Stop acting stupid Joshua, I'm talking about Zeak being there with you" she says.

"Seriously what the hell are you talking about? Zeak isn't here." I tell her.

" Josh I took him to the Airport this morning and watched his plane take off. I even booked a room at the same Hotel I know he is there." She says getting angry.

" well I haven't seen him so maybe he is in his room. What room number did you book for him?"

"Room 326, two door down from you." she answered.

"Well let me go knock and see." I said putting on some sweats and a t-shirt then went and knocked on the door.

" Hensley no one is there"

" then go to the front desk and asked if you checked in" she said.

" good evening sir is there something I can help you with?" The man at the front desk asked.

"Yes, I had a friend named Ezekiel Pearson book Room 326, has he checked in yet?" I asked.

"Yes, oh he did stop by around 2 o'clock this afternoon but he canceled his room." he told me.

"What the fuck?" Hensley says. "I don't understand" she huffs out.

" I do." I say.

"What the hell did you do Joshua?!" she yelled at me.

" I didn't know. I mean I thought it was him but he was turned around and Zane was with me and we were already running late. He must have heard us talking on the way out. God, im such an idiot!" I say as I walk into my room.

" okay well I still don't understand" she says.

"I lied to Zeak." I cry.

Hensley was quiet of a few seconds.

"When you get home, I'm going to kill you. You are such an idiot Joshua." she says and then hung up.