3

"Love at first sight. It's generally used for people, but you can also use it for other physical objects."

Chapter Three

"I'm so thankful you two could make it." Sunhye exclaimed as she welcomed us into her apartment. The wafting smell of freshly cooked food filled the room as we walked in. Her place felt like a second home.

"We are as well, thanks for having us."

"Oh you two know you're welcome here anytime... No guys around for a few hours so it'll be especially nice." I could agree with that definitely, "besides with their comeback they're very busy... I'm just hoping they don't feel the need to suddenly stop by; though it's not like they all do much together anyways..." her voice grew quiet.

"I hope they don't. I'm excited to hear the song though, tonight right?" Ming asked.

"Yes, I'll be at the party they're throwing. I'd welcome you to come but I know you're busy." And Sunhye knew about the situation, she just probably didn't want to be outright about it.

"Yeah, thanks though."

"Now let's eat!"

Dinner was good; a nice meal that wasn't take-out for once was always a treat. The flavors were tremendous, delectable, it was filling. I was content spending time with two good friends and some good food.

"Oh I'm so thankful to spend finally get to see you two, it feels like it's been forever... what's new?"

"I've been talking to a guy," Ming started, "he's cool, pretty hot I'd say."

"That's really all you care about is it? Looks.." our older friend chuckled, "you should try to find a guy that cares about you and not just sex."

"Maybe one day." Ming had to know Sunhye was right. She could go from guy to guy for months and not even notice the difference. It even impacted me seeing her just let go and throw away her life like that, all for some fun. I adored my friend, but somethings were enough.

"That one day could be today." I retorted quietly.

"Sorry I'm not like you Chan where I can't even look at a guy without freaking out."

"I don't freak out..." I defended myself.

"Listen you two." Sunhye started, "it doesn't matter, just let it go." with a laugh she took a sip of wine, "we all do things differently."

"Some people don't get that."

"I do too Ming."

"Whatever. When are you leaving to go be with your other friends?"

"Soon."

"Why so eager to get rid of her Ming? Let things go, you get so upset so easily and take out your anger on her."

"Aish whatever." I was used to it; how Ming acted, how she treated me, others. It was just how she always was, and probably going to be. Sunhye most likely pitied me for always having to be with her, but it's not the case; I have my other friends.

"Would you like me to help you clean up?" I offered, "you were kind enough to cook."

"That would be nice dear."

It was nearing eight o'clock, my Que. to get going. But of course something had to happen right before...

The front door slammed opening, the bustling sound of seven loud guys coming through it. They were arguing about something.

"For god sakes Jiho he was doing right!"

"No he wasn't-"

"We've been working all day cut him some slack." I stood frozen in the kitchen, and of course that put Sunhye into action. Ming for some horrific reason found it all so entertaining.

"Guys! What are you all doing here?"

"Yukwon forgot something." A higher pitched male voice said.

"Oh yah know two of my friends are here right now." Sunhye's voice sounded forced, fairly upset.

"Oh uh Chan and-"

"Yes!" She probably did that to get the memo across to Yukwon to get those guys out of here. I tried to go back to washing the dishes, but my mind could only focus on those guys who had invaded the apartment. Please do not approach me-

"Hey are the glasses in here?"

"I-I uh-"

"Yes? No?" I could only stare at the tall, intimidating guy in front of me; who had an agitated but confused look on his face, "okay I'll find them myself." He moved around the kitchen opening each cabinet until he found a glass. As he filled it with water he spared me a glance, "you okay?"

Still I couldn't speak and only stood in place. Trying to take deep breaths, I probably seemed strange to whoever this guy was- but I had no time to think about that. A slow, nauseating panic started to arise in my chest; making it become harder and harder to breathe.

"Hey-" he reached out to touch my shoulder,

"Jiho don't touch her!" Sunhye grabbed onto my shoulders right after she shoved the guy back, "leave the room!"

"O-okay.." 'Jiho's' eyes wandered over my form before sulking out.

"You're okay! He wasn't going to hurt you Chan, he's a very nice guy." My friend cooed softly brushing some of my hair back behind my ear.

"I-I'm sorry.."

"It's not your fault dear."

"I-I can't b-breathe." I started to choke slightly, tasting my own tears.

Her hand rubbed circles on my back, "He wasn't trying to hurt you sweetie..."

"B-but he seemed s-so upset!"

"Jiho's always upset Channie, you just learn to deal with it." She sighed, "go freshen up, you have some friends to meet soon." Probably hiding in the bathroom was your best bet for now, you could hear confused chatter resonating from Sunhye's living room.

I didn't want to focus on any of what happened. That guy named Jiho, he was tall and scary? looking... maybe it was because he was upset, but I knew he was someone to steer clear of.

No matter what, my eyes always became red and puffy after crying- even if it was just a few tears. Working it's way up, a pounding feeling built in my forehead. Another migraine.

***

"Channie!" Mari pulled me into a hug, "I'm glad you still came..." she whispered. Of course I had to shoot my friends a text letting them know what happened, I was still frazzled from the confrontation with Block B's leader. Guilt is starting to set in...

"Ready for a movie?" James asked.

"Sure, which?"

"Probs something scary-"

"Noooo way!" Songi jumped up, "I'm so out-"

"Sit back down for gosh sakes." Lucas groaned.

"Oh shut it!"

A sigh of relief escaped my lips. I was glad to finally be around people in which I could feel comfortable and have a nice time with.

[Are you guys enjoying this story?]
[Any advice?]